Wonderful Copenhagen

hi,

We are going to board (?) the Emerald Princess at the Frihaven Terminal #245 around 1 PM. we plan to leave our hotel in the morning at Helgoland Gade, Hebron, by foot, walk around a bit, maybe get some lunch around Nyhaven and get to our ship.

Is this practical? Is the port terminal easy to reach by foot?

please advice. thanks.

hi,

We are going to board (?) the Emerald Princess at the Frihaven Terminal #245 around 1 PM. we plan to leave our hotel in the morning at Helgoland Gade, Hebron, by foot, walk around a bit, maybe get some lunch around Nyhaven and get to our ship.

Is this practical? Is the port terminal easy to reach by foot?

please advice. thanks.

Look at my post in your other thread.

Will be in Gentofte having dinner with friends on a Friday evening in early September. Wish to take the S-tog back to Vesterport St. from Gentofte St. How late does the S-tog from Gentofte on the B train back to Vesterport operate? How frequent does the S-tog operate in the late evening? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read some of the posts on this very long thread and find the information very helpful but a bit overwhelming.

I have a few questions and apologize if they have already been covered.

We are departing on the Holland America Eurodam on 5/23/2014. We return on 6/3/2014 to stay overnight on the ship.

Questions:

1. Do you know where we will dock? Will it be near the town?

2. What is the best way to get to from the airport to downtown?

3. Do you recommend any hotels? We found one by a garden place that does a pre-cruise package but it is very expensive. We will have a fair amount of luggage.

I can provide my email address is someone is interested in communicating that way.

Danish Viking, you have mentioned Irma's as a good place to buy wine before boarding. I gather Irma has several locations. Can you tell me if one of the locations is close to the central railroad station? If not, are my alternatives Aldi or 7-11? And are either or both of them close to the central railroad station? Thank you for your help

I have read some of the posts on this very long thread and find the information very helpful but a bit overwhelming.

We are departing on the Holland America Eurodam on 5/23/2014. We return on 6/3/2014 to stay overnight on the ship.

Questions:

1. Do you know where we will dock? Will it be near the town? You can check the cruise schedule at http://www.cmport.com/en/ships-in-port/calls Might be too early for the 2014 schedules

2. What is the best way to get to from the airport to downtown? Train is easy

3. Do you recommend any hotels? We found one by a garden place that does a pre-cruise package but it is very expensive. We will have a fair amount of luggage.

What is your budget? Do you want to be city centre or Nyhavn

I can provide my email address is someone is interested in communicating that way.

Most of the questions have been asked try the search feature ..top right

Edited by LHT28

It looks too difficult/expensive to cruise out of Copenhagen unless we fly in the day of the cruise which is risky. We are considering a different cruise. We've been to Amsterdam a few times and may try to find a cruise that leaves from there.

Questions:

1. Do you know where we will dock? Will it be near the town?

2. What is the best way to get to from the airport to downtown?

The Eurodam will dock at the brand new cruise terminal with pier number C330 so its the furthest out from the city as you can get :-)

The best way is to take the airport train (Øresundtog) from the airport to Copenhagen Central Station (København H)

This website list the best rated hotels judged by their users (its a sister site to cruise critic)

http://www.tripadvisor.dk/Hotels-g189541-Copenhagen_Zealand-Hotels.html

Danish Viking, you have mentioned Irma's as a good place to buy wine before boarding. I gather Irma has several locations. Can you tell me if one of the locations is close to the central railroad station? If not, are my alternatives Aldi or 7-11? And are either or both of them close to the central railroad station? Thank you for your help

Irma at Industriens Hus is the one closest to the central station.

Its located at the town hall square on the same corner as Tivoli.

I don´t think that either 7-Eleven or Aldi has any proper wine selection.

I can´t recall suggesting vegetarian restaurants but try these links instead, I have sorted the list for you so it only list restaurants that serves vegetarian meals and that they are located in Indre By (downtown area)

http://www.aok.dk/soeg#what:Restaurant%20og%20caf%C3%A9;where::Indre%20By;what_sub::Vegetar

http://politiken.dk/ibyen/restauranter/soeg?prisniveau=alle&bydel=indre-by&egenskaber=vegetar&resultattype=liste&sortering=seneste-anmeldte

These are the 2 restaurants.

http://www.rizraz.dk/da/menuer/kompagnistraede

http://www.rizraz.dk/da/menuer/st-kannikestraede

Both restaurants are rated 4 out of 6 by the users of aok.dk but i can´t find any profesional reviews.

I have never eaten there but I have heard good things about it.

Do all regional trains from CPH Airport all stop at København H? I want to go from the airport to København H, and I believe that means taking a regional train and NOT the Metro. Do all regional trains depart from platform 2? Tak!

The Eurodam will dock at the brand new cruise terminal with pier number C330 so its the furthest out from the city as you can get :-)

We will be on the Royal Princess in 2014 which will also dock at C330. Is there a train station near by? If not, can I expect taxis to be freely available like they are at Freehaven? We will need to go to the Central train station. Arriving on a Monday in July.

Edited by Dietemann