Nacho and Cynthia

Muddog

I have read other post about this couple and how they give you a great day with smaller groups. Comparing their prices to other companies they are a little higher in price. Is it worth paying the extra to spend the day with them. I am looking to go cave tubing.

I have read other post about this couple and how they give you a great day with smaller groups. Comparing their prices to other companies they are a little higher in price. Is it worth paying the extra to spend the day with them. I am looking to go cave tubing.

They're a great couple, you can get a small discount if you book more than 4. Go out on your roll call and recruit. It's worth it in many ways. A/C van versus school buses used by some vendors. Nacho will entertain you and you'll walk away with a history of Belize and a better sense of the country. The cave-tubing is at the same spot as the other tour companies, but a smaller group with 2 guides is a better way to see the caves. Your price will include a buffet lunch right at the park. Cynthia is a very good driver and you will be back at the tender pier in plenty of time to shop or grab a Belikan at the Wet Lizard before you catch a tender back to the ship.

Wife and I did the tour with Nacho and Cynthia a couple of years ago. When I had originally booked it was only the 2 of us booking for that day. Other people (that we didn't know) booked after that, and Nacho told me when we met them that the price was cheaper because of the additional people. That is honesty. The tour was great and you walk less thru the jungle with your tube because they park closer due to using a van instead of a bus. We got on the river first that day and were having lunch by the time a lot of people were just getting started. There was a total of 6 people doing the tour and we had 2 guides. Some of the other groups only had 2 or 3 guides with 30+ people. Nacho and Cynthia are great people. You get historical info during the drive and a great time. We got back to the ship early and a few of the people wanted to go thru the market across from port. Nacho walked with them thru the market to make sure they didn't get hassled or ripped off. The extra price is definitely worth it.

Here is their website............

http://www.ncqadventuretours.com/guides.html

I emailed them about a tour and they got back to me requesting my phone number - I emailed it back to them and they called me that evening.

The tour he described to me was for 4 people - city tour and trip to Baboon Sanctuary to see the howler monkeys. He quoted us $75.00 per person - $80.00 per person if we wanted lunch also.

Nacho was great on the phone however I do find his prices steep. On the Carnival board I posted about this tour/price and got information from others that have booked the dame tour with someone from the port and it was $80.00 for 2 people - just for a comparison.

Hope this helps.

I went to his website and inquiries about a tour. He called us personally and explain each tour to us.

Yes, his price is a little more than other...and he explained that gas is $ 5 a gallon in Belize, plus he pack water and soda for all the excursion, so you never have to worry about drinks. Most tour don't have that kind of service.

• 2 weeks later...

They truly are a great couple to have as guides. My group did not do the cavetubing but we went on to see the ruins. Nacho kept up informed & entertained all the time; from the time we go into the air conditioned vehicle to the time we went back to catch the tender). Cynthia is a great driver.

My group of 17 was definately in the best hands with this couple (6 kids aged 4-10; 3 elders and everyone else 40 and under). We had an unforgettable time in Belize and we owe it all to Nacho & Cynthia.

Milly

• 2 weeks later...

HI ALL... We are be in Belize on 25 Jan 12, and have Nacho and his wife booked for a group of 13. We are doing the city/country tour. Nacho has called me 3 times with arraignments, and we are really looking forward to their tour. Glad we made our plans now, as it looks like there well be 4 ships there that day, and I wanted the tour to be just from our ship, as it will be folks we have gotten to know...we are on the NCL Spirt.

jus' me...jim....the velvet teddy bear....:cool:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was very pleased with our choice to use Nacho and Cynthia.As everyone had stated he called me a couple of times to make sure we had our times and days correct. We got on the first tender to shore and Pedro was there waiting. On the day I was there he also had a larger group and he went with them but I was in very good hands with Pedro. We headed straight for the van and headed for the cave. We were the second van there and no big buses had arrived yet. Grabbed our tubes which had a bottom and head rest(very nice) and headed off. Pedro was talking the whole way about the different types of trees we were passing. When we got to the river a few groups had caught us and the guide was lining them up in a hurry. There was six in our group and Pedro lined our tubes two wide and three deep. Very nice as we could talk the whole way down the river. When we got to the bottom we walked back out to meet Nacho and had a great conversation with him for a few minutes. After that we were off to The Baboon Sanctuary.It was a little ride to get there but not bad as we got to see the country. After finding a family of howler monkeys and watching them in the wild we were ready to head back to the ship. It was a great day and money well spent to be in a smaller group. I can now say I would highly recommend them as a company to use and if Nacho is busy do not worry if you have Pedro as he was great.

• 3 months later...
Bumping this to the top, we have Nacho booked for 11/10/2012 Dream cruise. We are looking for others to join us. Yes the price is higher than other tour companies, but we have heard great things about them.

Venture out to your roll call, best way to recruit. It's what we did. Got a dozen folks, made it affordable for all.

Thanks crewsweeper, I have put it up on my roll call-no joiners yet. I also put it up on the other roll call on funville. It is early, so will try again later when we are closer to cruise time.

You might also check out what other ships may be in port with you and find their roll calls. Look at cruisett dot com or cruiseportinsider dot com (find Belize link and scroll down tot he bottom for the pdf of th ecruise schedule calendar). This is a bit more dicy to organize but might add some folks. Just have everybody sign up via your name with Nacho.

Thanks again crewsweeper, I had already checked for other ships in Belize. Believe it or not, so far we are the only ship in port for 3/4 stops. DH & I will just have Nacho & Cynthia to ourselves. But it is early yet, we may get joiners later.

To crazy4Koko: I think their van is only up to a 15 person van. But he will call you right back if you e mail him from his website. He told me a max of 12 people, so there would be room for him & Cynthia.

Thanks again crewsweeper, I had already checked for other ships in Belize. Believe it or not, so far we are the only ship in port for 3/4 stops. DH & I will just have Nacho & Cynthia to ourselves. But it is early yet, we may get joiners later.

To crazy4Koko: I think their van is only up to a 15 person van. But he will call you right back if you e mail him from his website. He told me a max of 12 people, so there would be room for him & Cynthia.

Thank you! We have actually booked him for the day...Nacho will put us in two separate vans, which will probably work out better in the long run..Nacho will drive one van, Cynthia the other. He really is a great guy to talk to, it was quite an enjoyable conversation!

Thank you! We have actually booked him for the day...Nacho will put us in two separate vans, which will probably work out better in the long run..Nacho will drive one van, Cynthia the other. He really is a great guy to talk to, it was quite an enjoyable conversation!

Ride with Cynthia, LOL. She a really good driver:). Nacho loves to talk and will keep you entertained though. Enjoy your tour with them, they are a great couple:)

We are going to go to Altun Ha first thing in the morning ( hopefully before most of the tours start arriving), then to the 'Baboon sanctuary' for a rainforest walk with one of the guides who works there.. I hope to see some parrots in their natural habitat, as well as monkeys and the beauty of the land.. we are going to have lunch at a beach near the port to sample the local fare, and then some shopping outside the port area.. We'll also hit up some of the local tourist stops for photo ops..

Pretty basic stuff.. had wanted to do the Old Belize river tour, but this should really only be done with the ship according to Nacho, as it is extremely cost prohibitive for locals to rent boats and guides..which makes sense, as I've priced boat tours in other ports in the 60 to 100 dollar range.

The price is only slightly higher than what I've seen from other private vendors, includes beer, water, soda, rum punch..and two tour guides at our disposal... what could be better?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Crazy4Koko, I just spoke with Nacho about the same exact tour. Have you done yours already? Does the Baboon sanctuary tour involve lots of walking? Thanks.

We are going to go to Altun Ha first thing in the morning ( hopefully before most of the tours start arriving), then to the 'Baboon sanctuary' for a rainforest walk with one of the guides who works there.. I hope to see some parrots in their natural habitat, as well as monkeys and the beauty of the land.. we are going to have lunch at a beach near the port to sample the local fare, and then some shopping outside the port area.. We'll also hit up some of the local tourist stops for photo ops..

Pretty basic stuff.. had wanted to do the Old Belize river tour, but this should really only be done with the ship according to Nacho, as it is extremely cost prohibitive for locals to rent boats and guides..which makes sense, as I've priced boat tours in other ports in the 60 to 100 dollar range.

The price is only slightly higher than what I've seen from other private vendors, includes beer, water, soda, rum punch..and two tour guides at our disposal... what could be better?

I can tell you there is not a lot of walking in the "Baboon Sanctuary". According to what part of the country you are from will determine what you consider "rain forest". To me we were in peoples back yard down by the river but then again I am use to the country. As for the monkeys it was neat to feed them and get a quick picture. We may have spent 30-45 minutes there and that was a plenty. What ever Nacho plans for you will be fun. I wish I could go with you. You will get your moneys worth with them.

I can tell you there is not a lot of walking in the "Baboon Sanctuary". According to what part of the country you are from will determine what you consider "rain forest". To me we were in peoples back yard down by the river but then again I am use to the country. As for the monkeys it was neat to feed them and get a quick picture. We may have spent 30-45 minutes there and that was a plenty. What ever Nacho plans for you will be fun. I wish I could go with you. You will get your moneys worth with them.

Thanks for the info. We are looking at this tour also...made online enquiry...and less than 5 minutes later Nacho rang us. So impressed, as we are downunder, hence never expected a phone call. This is what you call service.

Took our familiy of 5 on 4/7/2012- 3, 5 and 15 year old kids and my husband and I... decided to do the ruins and monkey sanctuary tour. We had a blast. Nacho is very knowledgeable and we learned lots.... plus keeping it interesting for EVERYONE. We weren't up for shopping but wanted to sample the local fruits... so they stopped and bought some for us to try. Really treated us like family. I know they also do the more adventurous tours too. Nacho and Cynthia made the tour for us.

great to hear you had a great time. I am looking forward to mine.

Took our familiy of 5 on 4/7/2012- 3, 5 and 15 year old kids and my husband and I... decided to do the ruins and monkey sanctuary tour. We had a blast. Nacho is very knowledgeable and we learned lots.... plus keeping it interesting for EVERYONE. We weren't up for shopping but wanted to sample the local fruits... so they stopped and bought some for us to try. Really treated us like family. I know they also do the more adventurous tours too. Nacho and Cynthia made the tour for us.

Archived