Suite question, Ventura

DannyNJ

My wife and I are cruising on the Ventura to Norway on May 13th, and it is our first P & O cruise, and our first cruise departing from Southampton. Three questions:

1. We are booking a suite on the A deck, aft. and we're wondering about any issues with the pool directly above.

2. We'll be coming to the port from a wedding in Malvern, England, and will likely take a train to the port Sunday morning. How close to the pier is the train station?

3. What amount of time should we allow for disembarkation and transfer to Heathrow on the 20th?

Thanks!

My wife and I are cruising on the Ventura to Norway on May 13th, and it is our first P & O cruise, and our first cruise departing from Southampton. Three questions:

1. We are booking a suite on the A deck, aft. and we're wondering about any issues with the pool directly above.

2. We'll be coming to the port from a wedding in Malvern, England, and will likely take a train to the port Sunday morning. How close to the pier is the train station?

3. What amount of time should we allow for disembarkation and transfer to Heathrow on the 20th?

Thanks!

1 wouldn't have thought that the pool would be that big an issue but you may hear some of the sun loungers being moved about.

2 from Southampton train station to port is no more than £10 taxi I would say ( probably less) depending on the time of day. There is likely to be taxis just outside the train station.

3 cant help on this one as never done it sorry

1. I dont think you will have any issues with the pool.

2. The train station is about a mile away from the cruise terminal depending which terminal you are going from. Note there are four terminals so make sure you know which one your ship is going from. Note trains run a bit slower on Sundays due to maintenance work on the lines.

3. You should be off the ship and collected your luggage by around 10am. Heathrow is 66miles from Southampton so allow about 1.5hours. Note there is a coach service from the port to Heathrow of you could organise a taxi.

Brian

We are on the same cruise as you, also in a suite - really looking forward to it!

We live locally and the journey from Southampton station is very easy. It's a short journey by taxi and will take no more than 10 minutes if the traffic is bad. Taxis right outside the station like someone else mentioned.

We have been on a cruise with Royal Caribbean from Southampton and disembarkation was very quick - not sure if it's the same with P&O but if so, you can be off the ship before 9 am and it takes about two hours by train with one change at Woking.

You can do 'self-disembarkation'. This means getting yourself and all your luggage off the ship on your own, I.e. not having it taken off the ship by the stewards/porters. This is harder work for you, of course, but it does mean that you can disembark much earlier. If you have your luggage taken off by P&O, you will have to wait for at least an hour, possibly longer, while they get everyone's luggage off and arranged by deck in the shore-side baggage hall.

Hi

We had suite A751 on Azura which is the same as Azura.

We did not hear anything from above.

Train station is a bit to far to walk to terminal.

As you are in a suite you can choose what time to get off ship in southampton and butler would help you get off if you wanted.

We cruised on Ventura and stayed in suite A752 and I can honestly say we were not bothered by any noise at all from the pool or sun loungers. We used the balcony constantly as we were in the Caribbean so you can be assured of some peace and quiet.

Sorry we have no knowledge reguarding the railway station as we've never used it and self disembarkation has been cover by the other posters.

Happy cruising :)

GaryKaye

Archived