Barcelona Baggage Storage

mscoldchaser

Me and my family (4 of us) will be ending our Norwegian spirit cruise in Barcelona and only have a very short time there as our flight is at 12:15 (unfortunately we cannot change it) and we dock at 5:00am and we are wondering about luggage. We are at a crossroads whether to go straight to the airport with bags and stay there till our flight or carry them around with us or store the luggage somewhere so that we can visit the city for a few short hours. Any help would be great! :)

Barcelona luggage Not sure if anybody has posted along these lines before, but what do you do with luggage in Barcelona if you have time to spare?

This was the question we had when we returned off Solstice today but our flight out was not until 4.30

We had planned to take our luggage to Sants station and use luggage lockers there so that we could wander round Barcelona for a few hours.

However on coming out of the cruise terminal we came across DW warehouse at the entrance just inside the terminal and decided to give them a try

For just under €9 per case they took our luggage and delivered it to the Airport where we picked it up some 5 hours later.

A great service that we thought we would share and that no-one (including Celebrity) told us about.

Their web site is www.deliverywarehouse.es but advance booking was not necessary.

Barcelona luggage Not sure if anybody has posted along these lines before, but what do you do with luggage in Barcelona if you have time to spare?

This was the question we had when we returned off Solstice today but our flight out was not until 4.30

We had planned to take our luggage to Sants station and use luggage lockers there so that we could wander round Barcelona for a few hours.

However on coming out of the cruise terminal we came across DW warehouse at the entrance just inside the terminal and decided to give them a try

For just under €9 per case they took our luggage and delivered it to the Airport where we picked it up some 5 hours later.

A great service that we thought we would share and that no-one (including Celebrity) told us about.

Their web site is www.deliverywarehouse.es but advance booking was not necessary.

Thanks for that information.

It sounds really useful. Is it new? I had not heard of this before.

If you don't mind, I would like to add this to my Barcelona information pages. I'm sure lots of people here on CC would be interested in that.

Can you give any more details? Where exactly did you leave your luggage - was it inside the terminal? Did they speak English? How easy was it to find them/your luggage at the airport?

I can't see any mention of prices on their website. Was there a minimum number of bags?

Edited by English_in_Spain

Great info!

Our plane does not leave Barcelona until 9pm. So we have the whole day to tour Barcelona. We were planning on storing our luggage at Sants station. But DW warehouse sounds very convenient.

Their webpage doesn’t give much information. No info on where they are exactly and how much they charge. Where at the airport do you pick up your luggage and can you do that anytime? Also I think it very strange that a company like that does not put their email adress on the homepage. Has anyone else used them ?

@LetsGoDutch

When did you use their service ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Just thought I would let you know about DW Warehouse. We used their service yesterday after getting off Liberty of the Seas in Barcelona. They are just outside the Terminal on the left hand side. We payed 10 Euros per bag and they took our luggage and we picked it up at the Airport outside Terminal 1 (where the taxis and the Aerobus stop). Very convenient and for us worth paying a bit more than any lockers.

This is their email adress info@deliverywarehouse.es

But there is no need to book in advance.

Hope it helps some of you :)

Hi there!

Just thought I would let you know about DW Warehouse. We used their service yesterday after getting off Liberty of the Seas in Barcelona. They are just outside the Terminal on the left hand side. We payed 10 Euros per bag and they took our luggage and we picked it up at the Airport outside Terminal 1 (where the taxis and the Aerobus stop). Very convenient and for us worth paying a bit more than any lockers.

Thanks so much for coming on here with this information. We plan to use them in June. Do you think 10 Euros a bag is the usual price or was it a special offer?

• 2 months later...

A Barcelona resident posted this on Tripadvisor:

"hello there! to anyone who will be interested, there is a new luggage storage near Barcelona Port.

Hastavuelo. World Trade Center, Local 01.02, Moll de Barcelona.

Open everyday from 10 a.m to 8 p.m .

6,50 euros/day.They have airport and port delivery service too (included in the fee)."

Does anyone know exactly where this storage place is located?

A Barcelona resident posted this on Tripadvisor:

"hello there! to anyone who will be interested, there is a new luggage storage near Barcelona Port.

Hastavuelo. World Trade Center, Local 01.02, Moll de Barcelona.

Open everyday from 10 a.m to 8 p.m .

6,50 euros/day.They have airport and port delivery service too (included in the fee)."

Does anyone know exactly where this storage place is located?

I just went to their website They are situated at the World Trade Centre near the Hotel Eurostars Grand Marina. This seems to me useful for anyone whose ship is at the WTC port (normally only small ships).

I cannot see anywhere on their webpage that suggests they can deliver to the airport and it actually says "* In no event will HASTAVUELO deliver your luggage to the Cruise port terminal."

To me it seems that DW Consigna first mentioned above provide a much more useful service.

Could this 'Barcelona resident' who posted this on Tripadvisor have a vested interest in the company :rolleyes:

Since this thread was first started I have included details of DW Consigna on my webpage under what to do with your luggage

An alternative on offer is Locker Barcelona. www.lockerbarcelona.com. We used them recently. Took at taxi direct to their depot just off P. Catalunya. The staff were friendly and efficient and spoke English. We then walked to P. Catalunya to get the HoHo bus and on our return picked up our luggage and got a taxi from P.Catalunya to the airport. Slightly off topic but at Locker Barcelona you could check in and print off flight boarding cards for 1 euro.

Hi there!

Had thought of trying them but were not sure how often they delivered to the airport. Do they give you a time slot in which to pick up your luggage?

Had thought of trying them but were not sure how often they delivered to the airport. Do they give you a time slot in which to pick up your luggage?

They take your luggage from you at the cruise terminal and you agree a time with them (up to 9pm) to collect it at the airport outside Terminal 1

We disembarked Disney and in the cruise terminal (Dock C) where we picked up our luggage (delivered by the ship) was a counter that offered luggage storage. I didn't note the fee, but this "in terminal" storage was not mentioned before our cruise.

Had I known it was available, I would have planned our disembarkation day very differently (and saved a ton of money).

• 2 weeks later...

I don´t know if this can be useful, but I actually have used HastaVuelo sevice. A girl in other travellers forum recommended that to me and I decided to give them a try. I have heard about DW too, but they charge more.

The HastaVuelo people were in an office inside the South Terminal and I had no problem leaving my things there, it was very close to my cruise.

Hope it helps!

Absolutely brilliant ! ! !

Thanks ... this made my day :):)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for the information on Delivery Warehouse, looks like we will probably use this when we disembark next month!

Has anyone been recently that can confirm they are still doing the promotion offer of 10 Euros?

I wouldn't mind 10, but 19 euros is a bit steep!

Also, i've noticed on this website that it states "Pick-up time: 8am-5pm" but we dock at 5am. Would we have to hang around and wait for them or do they alter the times depending on what ships are docked?

Thanks,

Edited by Riggy84

Thank you everyone for the information on Delivery Warehouse, looks like we will probably use this when we disembark next month!

Has anyone been recently that can confirm they are still doing the promotion offer of 10 Euros?

I wouldn't mind 10, but 19 euros is a bit steep!

Also, i've noticed on this website that it states "Pick-up time: 8am-5pm" but we dock at 5am. Would we have to hang around and wait for them or do they alter the times depending on what ships are docked?

Thanks,

Yes it is still €10 a bag (actually €9.90). To be sure to get this price I suggest you book in advance.

It is true that they do not pick up until 8am but, even docking at 5am, you can stay on the ship (most cruise lines) until 8am and have a nice leisurely breakfast. Then leave the ship, pick up your bags and give them to DW. You are then free to sightsee around Barcelona until it is time for your flight. We did it and it was great.

Edited by RollieUK

• 1 month later...

OK, so i used this service this morning and i must say i'm impressed!

We arrived just after 8.30 and they were very easy to spot, just to the left of the exit doors to the port terminal. In fact you will probably walk past it to get to the shuttle bus!

The cost was advertised at 10 Euros per person.

Be prepared to have your flight details handy though, that was the only part i wasn't prepared for so had to turn data roaming on to find the flight number!

They advise you collect your luggage 2 hours before your flight and Give you a leaflet with a map and directions to where their van was located (right near the shuttle bus if you are on T1).

We were 10 mins early for our pick up time and our luggage was already loaded on a trolley ready for us!

I would highly recommend this service! We didn't pre-book, and it didn't seem like there would be a need to.

Any questions, just ask!

• 1 month later...
OK, so i used this service this morning and i must say i'm impressed!

We arrived just after 8.30 and they were very easy to spot, just to the left of the exit doors to the port terminal. In fact you will probably walk past it to get to the shuttle bus!

The cost was advertised at 10 Euros per person.

Be prepared to have your flight details handy though, that was the only part i wasn't prepared for so had to turn data roaming on to find the flight number!

They advise you collect your luggage 2 hours before your flight and Give you a leaflet with a map and directions to where their van was located (right near the shuttle bus if you are on T1).

We were 10 mins early for our pick up time and our luggage was already loaded on a trolley ready for us!

I would highly recommend this service! We didn't pre-book, and it didn't seem like there would be a need to.

Any questions, just ask!

This sounds fabulous - just to clarify they are definitely at the Moll d' terminal (and not the one next to the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel)......but which terminal were you at or do they have an office at each terminal??

This sounds fabulous - just to clarify they are definitely at the Moll d' terminal (and not the one next to the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel)......but which terminal were you at or do they have an office at each terminal??

Sorry, are we talking about the port or airport terminal?

When we left the terminal at the port they were right outside before you get to the shuttle bus service.

I don't know where the Eurostars Grand Marina hotel is.

We sailed on the Norwegian Epic but i would assume they would have a stand outside each terminal that is disembarking that day.

They drop off at the airport terminal 1. I don't think they drop off at the other terminal.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have a related question for luggage storage in reverse. We arrive in Barcelona at 9 AM on the morning of our embarkation. (Yes, I know that's a bad idea, but it just worked out that way). Our cruise doesn't depart until 7 PM, and we'd like to tour Barcelona for a few hours. Is there a place at the airport that you can drop your luggage and have it delivered to the port? Or better yet, can we take our bags directly to the port and check them onto the ship in the morning without actually embarking on the ship ourselves? How early will a ship (we're on NCL Spirit) allow you to check your bags, and do you have to get on at the same time as your bags?

Thanks in advance!

I know this is an old thread, but I have a related question for luggage storage in reverse. We arrive in Barcelona at 9 AM on the morning of our embarkation. (Yes, I know that's a bad idea, but it just worked out that way). Our cruise doesn't depart until 7 PM, and we'd like to tour Barcelona for a few hours. Is there a place at the airport that you can drop your luggage and have it delivered to the port? Or better yet, can we take our bags directly to the port and check them onto the ship in the morning without actually embarking on the ship ourselves? How early will a ship (we're on NCL Spirit) allow you to check your bags, and do you have to get on at the same time as your bags?

Thanks in advance!

The better choice would be to take your bags over to the port. Ship operations do not directly affect the port operations. The port actually takes your bag outside the secure area and then later delivers it to the ship.

As most lines start actual check-in at 11 AM and sometimes allow passengers to board even though cabins are not available until after 13:00, leaving baggage for delivery to the cabin after 9 AM is not unusual. You will not be able to leave your carry on items though and there are no lockers at the terminals.

Some board the ship and then ask if they can leave their bag in the closet of their cabin on the ship and just return directly to the city. I have walked into a 4 or 5 star hotel and just told the bell staff my situation and tipped them to take my bag with some success in Barcelona and use that as an alternative.

The round-trip blue port bus would now be 3.50 euro or a taxi could be taken as disembarking passengers should have cleared by that time. It is quite a walk to the city at Barcelona and not recommended.

MADflyer, please help me understand this, as it sounds like a great idea. :) I have embarked in three other ports (Port Canaveral, Tampa, Seattle), and at all three we kept our own luggage at the port until we were at the specific terminal for our specific ship. In Barcelona, am I understanding that there is one main drop-off point for all luggage for all ships? (There are 4 ships embarking on our date.) So even though our ship leaves much later (7 PM), we could still drop off at 11 AM?

Another question, can we drop off a case of water/soda with our luggage as long as there is a luggage tag attached?

We will try to pack our carry-ons as light as possible to avoid having to go on the ship to dump them (sounds like a long process). Great idea to utilize a nicer hotel to "babysit," but for a few hours we'll just carry our own packs.

Thanks so much for your help. This is our first European embarkation, so obviously procedures are different than in the states.

MADflyer, please help me understand this, as it sounds like a great idea. :) I have embarked in three other ports (Port Canaveral, Tampa, Seattle), and at all three we kept our own luggage at the port until we were at the specific terminal for our specific ship. In Barcelona, am I understanding that there is one main drop-off point for all luggage for all ships? (There are 4 ships embarking on our date.) So even though our ship leaves much later (7 PM), we could still drop off at 11 AM?

Another question, can we drop off a case of water/soda with our luggage as long as there is a luggage tag attached?

We will try to pack our carry-ons as light as possible to avoid having to go on the ship to dump them (sounds like a long process). Great idea to utilize a nicer hotel to "babysit," but for a few hours we'll just carry our own packs.

Thanks so much for your help. This is our first European embarkation, so obviously procedures are different than in the states.

You will still proceed to your terminal as the port operation is dedicated on each given day to one single ship.

As disembarkation at Barcelona is usually from 06:15 to 09:30 the focus of the port is on this activity during those time periods, but then changes focus to embarkation.

Many lines will start processing passengers on arrival, baggage is always left as you enter the terminal in Barcelona and anything with a luggage tag with your stateroom number should be accepted.

Barcelona is usually a very efficient embarkation port and sometimes going ahead and checking in can save you time later. That decision could be based on situation.

Just remember that, while Barcelona is by no means 'dangerous' it has a problem with some petty crime with pick-pockets and vigilance is always recommended and no valuables should be easily accessible.

Enjoy your visit in Barcelona and your cruise.