Carnival Sunshine 5346 Promenade Deck 5 Pictorial Review Dec-14

mattjs

Carnival Sunshine 5346 Promenade Deck 5 Pictorial Review Dec-14

Stateroom Location

deck-5%201_zpsgfrxfcfn.jpg

5346 is among the newly added bank of staterooms on the Promenade deck. Before the Destiny was converted to Sunshine, this location was former Criterion Loung. This particular stateroom is below other staterooms and above the aft Sunrise Dining room.

The door is visible from the elevator bank, but we heard neither elevator nor Ocean Plaza noise. These cabins were newly added during the conversion and were pristine.

One of the perks of this location is the small breakfast buffet they open in the Taste Bar each morning. Seating is plentiful and far less chaotic than the lido.

IMG_8856_zpshxrt2tqk.jpg

IMG_8854_zpstinibfjh.jpg

Edited by mattjs

Stateroom Interior

The stateroom size is comparable to other Balcony staterooms. It features a small fridge and an angled shower. (Unlike other Sunshine showers which are close to the toilet.)

The safe uses pin codes and is conveniently located at eye-height.

The vanity area features two 110 US outlets.

(Pictures below show our stateroom decorated with our home state theme for a Cabin Crawl)

IMG_8649_zpsitw4ol4m.jpg

IMG_8657_zpsyfxmjmet.jpg

IMG_8384_zpswrgrql3h.jpg

Balcony

The 5346 balcony is spacious. It is at least double-depth and featured two lounges and a chair. Neighboring staterooms 5344 and 5345 may be accessible cabins. Both had significantly larger balconies. Due to sloped dividers, these cabins are not as private as port or starboard balconies.

IMG_8558_zpsmr4qxpms.jpg

The 5344 balcony pictured below was much wider and had a ramp at the sliding door threshold.

IMG_8637_zpsuqvxuciy.jpg

IMG_8661_zps8x2zdk3n.jpg

There were a couple minor issues with 5346. The balcony temperature during the day could be very warm. We had a portable weather station with a sensor tied to a balcony chair. The temp was often in high 90s around Aruba and Curaçao. Also, with being on a lower deck, the balcony seemed to have a lot of spray during the night. It could be quite wet in the morning. Overall, the location trumped both these issues.

Twice a night muffled music from the dining room could be heard in the stateroom. This most likely was the waitstaff song and dance at the end of each dinner.

As for temp, we are from Minnesota and like our Stateroom cold. The AC consistently kept indoor cabin between 68-70 at the low setting. Even with 102° + in the sun, the room stayed cool.

The new deck five cabins seemed to be one of the best experiments on the Sunshine. I imagine the new Havana class on the Vista will have a similar feel.

IMG_8663_zpsscfliixm.jpg

IMG_8640_zpsebyez8p4.jpg

We will be in your cabin starting on Sunday. Super excited! I can post some pics if you would like.

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be fantastic, Danielle! Would love to see the pullman and couch as beds. And the bathroom. Hope your weather is perfect. Bon voyage!

Nice review. Just wondering about the pictures of the MOA on the wall.

Hi, the pics are from a Cabin Crawl. Each room was to be decorated with a home-state theme. We're from Minnesota and had pictures of famous MN landmarks. We served MN wine and handed out Salted Nut Rolls from Pearsons. The lake pictures above the couch includes the name of every lake in MN - 16,000+.

Yea! We will be in 5345 in Sept. and yes it is accessible. Loved your pictures but I am reading on deck plans that the dining room is 2 decks down. Have they miscued?

:confused:

The aft dining room is two decks, the main entrance is on deck three. The midship dining room is only one level. The steakhouse, piano bar and Bonsai Sushi were carved out of the upper midship dining room during the conversion.

Thanks for posting the pics. The more I see of the Sunshine, the more I like the way she looks. Nice cabin, but I don't know about the angled shower. Do you have a photo of that?

Sorry, I don't have a picture. It's the same sort of shower we had in Balcony staterooms on the Freedom and Dream. Other cruises complained that the rectangular showers were close to the toilet. A running joke was they had to sit with one foot in the shower while using the toilet.

From Carnival's website:

ImageUploadedByForums1423843003.428782.jpg.6e5e077424fe413daba5f96e9191ea9b.jpg

Sorry, I don't have a picture. It's the same sort of shower we had in Balcony staterooms on the Freedom and Dream. Other cruises complained that the rectangular showers were close to the toilet. A running joke was they had to sit with one foot in the shower while using the toilet.

From Carnival's website:

[ATTACH]340166[/ATTACH]

Thanks! Now I see what you mean. I'm okay with that!