Recent Freedom Debarkation

fd851

I am trying to plan my debarkation from the Freedom, and am looking for some recent information on the debarkation process. Specifically, I want to know how quickly we can debark and be on our way for an early flight. We are diamond members, so that option exists for us...we just need to know the progression and how speedy the departure process is.

Thanks,

We returned on the Freedom on 7/29. We prefer the RC baggage system in Ft Lauderdale! However that being said, it was fairly smooth. From waiting in the dining room area, we're platinum members, to leaving the ship and waiting on our luggage, which comes out on conveyers, think airport baggage claims, I'd say 40-45 minutes. We almost immediately saw 4 of our 5 bags, but had to wait at least 15-20 for that last bag. This actually happened to quite of few people that we had met during the week. So ideally 30 minutes ship to curb, just hope all your bags are kept together!

Thanks Tweety,

What time did they begin the process. Did it begin with self debarkation and then go to C&A members, what time did they start? Anything else you have to offer would be appreciated as well.

Self embarkation was at the crack of dawn! Personally, I prefer to stay as long as possible:) but alas, we had tag #14 and were called on schedule at 8:45. Sorry, I can't tell how early it all started. It ran smoothly in the C and A departure lounge with crew working with Wilkie talkies actively announcing departure tag numbers. Again, if your bags are lucky enough to ride the conveyor belt together, you should be able to experience a fairly expeditious departure from the port.

We have an early flight and should probably get off ASAP. There is obviously the self debarkation option, but how are the tag numbers given out? This is our first cruise on Royal so we are not C & A members.

Hi, EBM, you're welcome, and as you're first time cruisers with RCI, I should add, if you are unhappy with the boarding group to which you've been assigned, simply go to Guest Relations and arrange for an earlier group.

Have a wonderful Freedom cruise! :)

Artemis,

That is exactly what I was looking for! You have all the answers, now can you please tell me where to invest, what the winning powerball lottery numbers will be, and that I will get to Coco Cay on my November cruise!

Thanks,

If you're on a tight schedule I would HIGHLY recommend self-debarkation where you carry your luggage off ship. If you wait for your luggage, you could end up being there for an additional hour or two. Last October off the Freedom we had luggage tags #2, and two of our bags ended up grouped with tags #16 and #18, even though they had the #2 tags attached. We were told by PC staff that the Freedom regularly had issues like this, that they were "not organized". I've heard from another review that it hasn't gotten better unfortunately, so it's a risk you run if you leave your luggage out. It wasn't a problem for us since we were driving, but if you've gotta make it to the airport I'd stick with lugging the bags off yourself!

We have an early flight and should probably get off ASAP. There is obviously the self debarkation option, but how are the tag numbers given out? This is our first cruise on Royal so we are not C & A members.

Self debarkation requires you to carry your own bags off the ship so there are no bag tags, you don't put your bags out the night before and get off when the ship is cleared.

Archived