Summer rates question--comparing departure ports

Hello all!

We would like to cruise next summer, between Memorial Day and late July and are considering several itineraries. We are within a reasonable driving distance of 3 ports (Jax, Pt. Canaveral, and New Orleans) and could even drive to Miami if the price was right.

There are multiple similar cruises from these ports in June and July, and all are currently similar in price. Is is likely that they will remain that way? We aren't overly picky about our ports, as we have never cruised and are easy to please. I know we can book Easy Saver with Carnival and get OBC for price drops, but I am wondering if it would be better to wait and see if any of the multiple cruises we could take would drop. I would hate to pick one out of Jacksonville, for example, and then see the similar cruise out of Pt Canaveral drop and ours stay the same!;)

I know there is no science to predicting what rates will do, and that we are traveling at an expensive time, but would love to save as much as possible.

Sorry this is so long, and hopefully it makes sense:) Any advice? Thanks so much!

Archived