I will continue to sail on HAL if balcony smoking is permitted.

legalslave

I, a non-smoker will continue to sail HAL, for the time being. If there are significant changes such as too many smokers migrating from other lines with more restrictive policies, or continuing degradation of the quality of food and service, I will of course look elsewhere. At present, I find HAL preferable.

POA1, it's obvious you did not read or comprehend the original simple post which is fairly straight forward and are trying to hijack the thread. It OBVIOUSLY stated nothing about who smokes or who does not smoke.

Diane

I certainly understand that you are not asking that only smokers (or non-smokers) reply, only if smoking is continued to be allowed on the balconies, would you continue to sail with HAL.

We will continue to sail on HAL even if smoking was banned on the entire ship. We have no horse in this race. If they eliminated balconies, we then would "jump ship". ;)

We've taken 15 HAL cruises, and have never been bothered by smoke anywhere on the ship. During this time, I've never heard of any of the passengers complaining either, including many of friends of ours who also do not smoke. The only time I've seen this subject mentioned is on Cruise Critic.

Edited by kjw869

Please reply ONLY if you will continue to sail on HAL if smoking is permitted on balconies. No other replies asked. Please respect the statement.

Diane

Definitely 100% Yes!! If that right is taken away, so will our $$$.

Joanie

Please reply ONLY if you will continue to sail on HAL if smoking is permitted on balconies. No other replies asked. Please respect the statement.

Diane

We would continue to sail HAL if smoking is permitted on balconies.

If I understand the question, I would say yes. But I wish they would get rid of smoking on verandas. I wouldn't let the smoking stop me from sailing on Holland, but I see it as a disadvantage. I don't think smoking is Holland's biggest disadvantage. I think the reduction in quality of food and service is a bigger problem.

We will continue to sail on HAL even if smoking was banned on the entire ship.

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question, yes we would continue to sail with HAL if smoking was allowed on the balconies. So far, we have never been bothered on our verandahs except for one instance when a group next to us had a "wine tasting" party that lasted six hours!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Note 3 using Forums mobile app

As non-smokers, we will continue to sail on HAL with its current smoking policy. The current smoking policy has not deterred us thus far and will not deter us in the future. We have sailed next to passengers who have smoked on their balconies next to us and below us and it does not bother us.

I am a firm believer, based on my cruising on HAL ships, that smoking on HAL ships is just an issue for a small number of CC posters only and not an issue for HAL and the vast majority of its passengers. Smoking is a Cruise Critic issue, not a HAL issue. There is a considerable difference between the two.

Edited by cbr663

Keep those smoking threads coming ... seems that if there are enough of them, HAL will finally take notice and do something similar to other socially conscious cruise lines. Thank you!

I think that you may have missed the point of this thread. This thread is to support HAL's current policy as is. Several threads that have recently been started actually show that most cc posters actually support the policy as is and that there is no need for any further changes.

As non-smokers, we will continue to sail on HAL with its current smoking policy. The current smoking policy has not deterred us thus far and will not deter us in the future. We have sailed next to passengers who have smoked on their balconies next to us and below us and it does not bother us.

I am a firm believer, based on my cruising on HAL ships, that smoking on HAL ships is just an issue for a small number of CC posters only and not an issue for HAL and the vast majority of its passengers. Smoking is a Cruise Critic issue, not a HAL issue. There is a considerable difference between the two.

I completely agree!

Diane

Yes legalslave, we certainly will continue on cruising with Hal if smoking is permitted on balconies. Thanks for asking.

Bingo!! As I stated on an earlier post, the only time we've heard there is a "problem" with smoking on HAL ships, is on Cruise Critic. When we sail on these ships, that issue has never surfaced while onboard.

If something bothered us about a cruise line policy, we'd have sense enough to find another cruise line.

Edited by kjw869

Yes, I will continue to sail with HAL if they keep there current smoking policy.

My next Carnival Cruise was free and that will be my last.

My next NCL Cruise I will see if I have any restrictions with the Cabin category I am in and if so that will be my last on there's.

Our feelings exactly, YES we will continue to sail on HAL if smoking is permitted on balconies, YES we are both non-smokers..

Yes we will continue to sail HAL if smoking continues to be permitted on balconies. Or not permitted - makes no difference to us - but if balcony smoking becomes more prevalent than on our past cruises, then we will tend more toward booking OVs.

Edited by catl331

Yes we will continue to sail HAL if smoking continues to be permitted on balconies. Or not permitted - makes no difference to us - but if balcony smoking becomes more prevalent than on our past cruises, then we will tend more toward booking OVs.

I will continue to sail HAL no matter what the smoking policy is.