Let's Do It Again

carlylecat

After much deliberation we are going to do SD again for Christmas - New Year's trip....We looked into doing a private yacht this year but all the kids were against it and wanted their Sea Dream fix....so hopefully we will see you in St Bart's for New Year's eve...once again the ten of us aged from 13 to 80....the kids are getting older and their appreciation for this trip continues to grow....if you are joining us please let us know...

We are booked on Seadream I for the New Year's cruise. This will be our third Seadream voyage, but our first holiday one, and we are very much looking forward to it. How is the holiday voyage different from others, Carlylecat?

Congrats Carlyle Cat!!

Wish we were joining you but we are going to Walt Disney Word for Christmas (I know we were there last Christmas)! This time we are taking my parents as they have never seen WDW at the holidays.

Someday we will spend Christmas on SD!!

It is much more of a party -and there are usually more children and more large groups... last year our family of ten was not the largest at all there was a family of 14 and another of 12 plus another group of friends that were eleven (all adults) ... so half of the ship was four groups... but the kids who were mostly teens and young adults usually all group together on the front part of topside.. and the families usually eat outside every night so the dining room keeps it formal feel..

The upside is spending New Year's eve in St Bart's harbor is one of the most fun experiences you will have...the SD team throws a great party on the Topside... both SD ships are in port at the same time so it is fun for the crew- every major private yacht in existence is in port.. last year we had Larry Ellison's boat do a private laser show in the harbor.. the year before he was upstaged by Paul Allen who had a fireworks show off his boat in advance and coordinated with the harbor show...and at midnight the fireworks go off with all of the yacht's blowing their horns.......incredible...

You should join us sometime it is quite the blast

I would love to! Actually we have talked about sailing SD with our DD who will be 17 in November over the Christmas/New Year's holiday. I know that my parents wouldn't join us as my brother and his wife started their family later in life (they have a 4 year old and a 2 year old) and my parents won't miss Christmas with them. As a matter of fact my folks are leaving Disney on Christmas Eve to fly to D.C. to see them.

I can't imagine how magnificent the New Year's celebration is on SD!

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone remember which ports they do not use the water toys?

Is it British and/or American islands?

No motorized water toys in the British Virgin Islands for sure ... so no to Virgin Gorda, Jost, Peter and Tortola.

The motorized toys are available in the US Virgin Islands depending on harbor traffic and sea/weather conditions. In March the motorized toy were not out at Cruz Bay, St. John or Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas but they were available at Honeymoon Beach in St. Thomas. You can more or less count on them being available in St. Barts but not in St. Martin.

Archived