New Look on Celebrity Website

vtcruising

I still think it looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just doesn't fulfill the purpose it was designed for. Pretty sure that means it's key objective hasn't been met. Anyone can design a good looking website but it's the functionality that matters.

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

Just doesn't fulfill the purpose it was designed for. Pretty sure that means it's key objective hasn't been met. Anyone can design a good looking website but it's the functionality that matters.

See comment above from celebrity. It's in a test environment.

But that's the problem! How many companies have you ever seen use their customer base, whether it be 100% or 2%, as non-voluntary beta testers?

And I am using the term beta loosely since with the number of reported errors experienced, it looks more like alpha testing.

In the application devrlopment world, the extent of the functions that are provided on this website is what is considered a prototype, not even a test environment. This website is at best about 30 percent of the end product. Prototypes are expected to be non-functional. This should never have been released, PERIOD.

In the application devrlopment world, the extent of the functions that are provided on this website is what is considered a prototype, not even a test environment. This website is at best about 30 percent of the end product. Prototypes are expected to be non-functional. This should never have been released, PERIOD.

Well said

Completely agree. It is absolutely ridiculous. Spent over 30 minutes(after an hour trying online) on the phone with a Captain's Club rep trying to access a reservation. She tried to direct us to the old website in hopes of salvaging the phone conversation. Nothing worked except for the opportunity to pay additional funds on the reservations. We have 5 reservations for future cruises and we cannot access them as of this afternoon to make reservations for shore excursions, specialty restaurants, etc. The rep. clearly was frustrated and indicated she did not know what else to do with the website.

What gives you the impression that it was released? Some people have been allowed access. And by the way, I am really curious how you calculate 30%. How many functions are in your calculation of a Celebrity baseline system, and of those, which have you expereinced as non functional? Just curious...

Completely agree. It is absolutely ridiculous. Spent over 30 minutes(after an hour trying online) on the phone with a Captain's Club rep trying to access a reservation. She tried to direct us to the old website in hopes of salvaging the phone conversation. Nothing worked except for the opportunity to pay additional funds on the reservations. We have 5 reservations for future cruises and we cannot access them as of this afternoon to make reservations for shore excursions, specialty restaurants, etc. The rep. clearly was frustrated and indicated she did not know what else to do with the website.

Stuff happens. I accessed one of my reservations and made shore excursion reservations. And later received email confirmation. Sorry it didn't work for you. But really, it is a crisis because today on this day right now you can't make shore excursion reservations on your five future cruises? Maybe you can wait a day or two? Of course there are issues with a major change. People on this forum have been bitching since forever about the Celebrity website. Hey guys, guess what! They are actively working to switch to a new system. No more need to complain and complain about why don't they fix the system! They have committed resources to fix it. Something is happening. Change is coming. There are glitches as with any new complex system. Get over it, it will get fixed. The weekend is here. Have a drink, go for a walk, kiss your spouse and/or your dog and be happy.

Except that customers are trying to manage their bookings, add excursions etc and are simply unable to. Some can't even book a cruise! That is not a test, that is a full blown system for them. Maybe that works for you but not those who have a cruise in the next few weeks.

What gives you the impression that it was released? Some people have been allowed access. And by the way, I am really curious how you calculate 30%. How many functions are in your calculation of a Celebrity baseline system, and of those, which have you expereinced as non functional? Just curious...

It was released because this IS the only system that I see when I go to celebritycruises.com. I could complete many transactions in the old system. In this system, none. I used to run software development groups in Fortune 50 companies. Not a need to justify my assessment. The website speaks for itself.

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

The new website is NOT user friendly. I don't know what you've done but it should have been tested differently. I was attempting to look at future cruises. Next, work on a better testing program to roll out something new. My feedback is to go back to what you had. Although your IT dept. didn't have that right most of the time. Maybe you should look into hiring new IT people.

Everytime I try to check my reservations to see if I can order luggage tags,it says it is locked and I am unable to do anything. Yes,I know I can get luggage tags at the port but the bus I am taking requires luggage tags before boarding the bus.

Laura

Everytime I try to check my reservations to see if I can order luggage tags,it says it is locked and I am unable to do anything. Yes,I know I can get luggage tags at the port but the bus I am taking requires luggage tags before boarding the bus.

Laura

Not to defend the new website "testing" they are doing with the site; but you can't order luggage tags until 30 days before your cruise, which in your case, should be around May 11. Hopefully, they have fixed some of the many bugs that have been discussed on this thread.

When Oceania put up their new site, I believe in 2015, they had a thread started with an IT person asking for people to let them know about issues. If they, needed more info on the problem, they would have the poster email them. They were fixed quickly and everyone was happy in a few days. If X wants to use their customer base to test, they should do something similar with CC, since we will let them know what is wrong. What X is doing is upsetting people and confusing customers and potential customers. I'm very disappointed that after all the issues X has had with their website, that they wouldn't have come up with a plan that would help them, rather than hurt them.

So frustrating trying to navigate the new website.

I am trying to make a dummy reservation to see if there is any price changes on a family cruise.

First off, don't even see the current promo advertised.

Then checking on a Sky Suite for the sailing, it should include all 4 perks as a suite booking, and when I get to a certain point it is asking me if I would like to include the go best package for an extra $257 pp???

So confusing!!

Ok, after alternately seeing the old site, the new site, the "pardon us" site the past few days, I just was able to sign in to the new site; checked my upcoming cruise, looked for some other sailings, & I like what I see so far. Granted, I may find some bugs as I continue to peruse, but so far I like it a lot! I would like to them to better identify the cabin catagories, but it seems to me to be much more user friendly than the old clunker.

Except that customers are trying to manage their bookings, add excursions etc and are simply unable to. Some can't even book a cruise! That is not a test, that is a full blown system for them. Maybe that works for you but not those who have a cruise in the next few weeks.

Try using Google Chrome and calm down. I've been accessing my reservations and booking mock cruises all dang day.

Try using Google Chrome and calm down. I've been accessing my reservations and booking mock cruises all dang day.

In past posts you've been saying it looks nice even though I'd commented it doesn't work. You didn't dispute that. Now you are saying it works? Or are you using the old site to get things working which means the new website still isn't functional.

Others have commented that using chrome still takes them to the new website. Sorry - don't know what you mean by all dang day. Not an expression I know. I also don't need to calm down. I have the old website. I feel sympathy for those who are being forced to use the new website that doesn't work.

I use chrome always.

Stuff happens. I accessed one of my reservations and made shore excursion reservations. And later received email confirmation. Sorry it didn't work for you. But really, it is a crisis because today on this day right now you can't make shore excursion reservations on your five future cruises? Maybe you can wait a day or two? Of course there are issues with a major change. People on this forum have been bitching since forever about the Celebrity website. Hey guys, guess what! They are actively working to switch to a new system. No more need to complain and complain about why don't they fix the system! They have committed resources to fix it. Something is happening. Change is coming. There are glitches as with any new complex system. Get over it, it will get fixed. The weekend is here. Have a drink, go for a walk, kiss your spouse and/or your dog and be happy.

Well said

Tried using the website from my iPad and there is not even an option to book excursions on my next reservation. I am able to log into the old website using Google Chrome on my PC and make reservations.

Maybe the new website is Celebrity's way of addressing all the whining that took place about the old website. Doesn't look so bad now, does it? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In past posts you've been saying it looks nice even though I'd commented it doesn't work. You didn't dispute that. Now you are saying it works? Or are you using the old site to get things working which means the new website still isn't functional.

Others have commented that using chrome still takes them to the new website. Sorry - don't know what you mean by all dang day. Not an expression I know. I also don't need to calm down. I have the old website. I feel sympathy for those who are being forced to use the new website that doesn't work.

I use chrome always.

First of all I simply said the new website looked good to me. It looks nice. I like the way it looks. I didn't mean to offend those who are having trouble. Geez.

Then I suggested using chrome to get to the old website because that's what I used off and on all day today (all dang day as we say in nj) no issues.

Last weekend however, I had trouble with my login on both rccl and X. A simple call to captain's club fixed my name data which was switched around during turnover to the new system, the csr said. I didn't think anything of it and thought she meant a new database. I had no idea there was a new website.

Maybe folks having issues could give X a call. It worked for me

On IE, the new site remains highly dysfunctional for me as far as doing much of anything with my reservations. On Chrome, the old Celebrity website appears and is fully functional for me as far as accessing my reservations, making purchases, etc. I will be happy as long as I can continue to access my reservations on the old site on Chrome over the next few days, weeks, months while enjoying the changes on the new site as it hopefully evolves into the website we have been waiting for.

On IE, the new site remains highly dysfunctional for me as far as doing much of anything with my reservations. On Chrome, the old Celebrity website appears and is fully functional for me as far as accessing my reservations, making purchases, etc. I will be happy as long as I can continue to access my reservations on the old site on Chrome over the next few days, weeks, months while enjoying the changes on the new site as it hopefully evolves into the website we have been waiting for.

For me IE is not working at all, on Chrome it is the NEW site and fully operational and I really like it! You can see ALL available rooms etc. not just a few like in the past. On Firefox it appears to still be the OLD site but fully functional. IE is the only one with the issues right now for me. More and more sites do not work on IE - might be time to scrap an old friend:')

For me IE is not working at all, on Chrome it is the NEW site and fully operational and I really like it! You can see ALL available rooms etc. not just a few like in the past. On Firefox it appears to still be the OLD site but fully functional. IE is the only one with the issues right now for me. More and more sites do not work on IE - might be time to scrap an old friend:')

I looked at and worked with it on Microsoft Edge. I agree on page setup and functionality. It really looks good to me. I don't normally use ME except for looking at RCCL website which doesn't work for me in chrome.

Very similar cabin availability 'map' on RCCL as on X new website. Very large views and images.

I still have old site on chrome and working fine. Maybe things changed last night....... I'll have to check later on my laptop.