Second City - Love 'em or Hate 'em?

dznymom

How do you feel about Second CIty?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Second CIty?

• I love them!
    • They're okay.
    • I can't stand them.

Personally I don't think they're that great, not very funny. They really aren't very good at improv, imo. They always seem to fall flat on the true improv and end up falling back on the the lines they've obviously used before from the more predictable statements that are made.

We don't find them very funny and wish NCL would try something new for the Breakaway and Getaway ships.

Ditto, and by all means avoid the at sea day murder mystery in the Spiegel Tent Luncheon...mostly kids and they make all the suggestions which are at most non-sensical and no improv team could work with. Most adults without kids, like myself walked out:eek:

Kev:cool:

We do enjoy them. Went to two of the three shows last week on the Dawn. Would have gone to the third but it was held at 11:30 on the last night. I think it definitely depends on the group of performers and how well they work together. For us, we will continue to go whenever there is a show.

I'm really surprised at these results so far. I thought we were the only ones that felt they weren't our thing.

Nope, I didn't care for that kind of comedy either. As another poster said, I prefer stand up as well:eek:

Kev:cool:

Archived