Boston Port to Airport - Will I have enough time?

PattiMac321

Our cruise on Serenade OTS arrives back in Boston at 7 a.m. on Sunday, 10/15/17. We're considering a flight leaving at 2 p.m. from Logan. Not sure how long it takes to disembark OR catch a cab. Wondering if we'll have enough time without making myself crazy. Thanks for any and all opinions.

Our cruise on Serenade OTS arrives back in Boston at 7 a.m. on Sunday, 10/15/17. We're considering a flight leaving at 2 p.m. from Logan. Not sure how long it takes to disembark OR catch a cab. Wondering if we'll have enough time without making myself crazy. Thanks for any and all opinions.

You will have plenty of time to get a 2 pm flight. The cruise terminal is just across the harbor from the airport and it's no more than a 15 minute cab ride. Don't make yourself crazy at all. When I saw your post title I thought you were going to ask something crazy like "Can I make a 9 am flight from Logan?"

Plenty of time. You can see the the airport from the cruise terminal however to get there you need to go into the city and then back out. Don't rush. Take your time on the ship and avoid rush hour.

Instead of taking a taxi to the airport you could take the water taxi from Rowe's Wharf. They have an offer for cruise passengers which will pick you up at Black Falcon Terminal, let you store your luggage so you can explore a bit of the city, and get you to Logan for your flight.

http://www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/

There also is a water taxi from Long Wharf. I don't know if you can leave your luggage so you can do some tourist stuff in Boston before heading to the airport. They too offer pick up at the Black Falcon terminal.

http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/water-taxi#at-your-service

• 3 months later...

Flight time has now changed to 12:03 pm from Logan. Now I'm really concerned about making our flight. Disembark Serenade after 7 am. This is a Sunday so hopefully traffic with be light. Should we go for it or take a later flight? TIA :ship:

Flight time has now changed to 12:03 pm from Logan. Now I'm really concerned about making our flight. Disembark Serenade after 7 am. This is a Sunday so hopefully traffic with be light. Should we go for it or take a later flight? TIA :ship:

Noon is still just fine. As other folks said, you can actually see the airport from the ship. On a Sunday it would be 15 minutes tops to get there. What airline are you flying?

Keep the 12:03 flight. You will have plenty of time. Traffic in the city will be light since it is Sunday. Do not get off at 7am. Get off between 8:30 and 9am and you'll be at the airport in with tons of time to spare. Will take 15 to 20 minutes to get to the airport by taxi.

Keep the 12:03 flight. You will have plenty of time. Traffic in the city will be light since it is Sunday. Do not get off at 7am. Get off between 8:30 and 9am and you'll be at the airport in with tons of time to spare. Will take 15 to 20 minutes to get to the airport by taxi.

Perfect! Just hate to stress right after 7 great days. :D

Thanks for your reassurance.

Noon is still just fine. As other folks said, you can actually see the airport from the ship. On a Sunday it would be 15 minutes tops to get there. What airline are you flying?

How about an 11am flight on Saturday? Should we walk off with our luggage just to be safe? Two years ago we had a 1:30 flight and were there well in advance.

How about an 11am flight on Saturday? Should we walk off with our luggage just to be safe? Two years ago we had a 1:30 flight and were there well in advance.

For 11 am I would be walking off with luggage. Goal would be to be in a cab by 9:00 am to allow plenty of wiggle room.

For 11 am I would be walking off with luggage. Goal would be to be in a cab by 9:00 am to allow plenty of wiggle room.

Thanks for the response...we'll do the walk off with our luggage this year.

The suggestion of Rowes Wharf sounds Perfect! Still waiting for Southwest Airlines

to open air bookings for October, there has been a Nonstop Flight leaving Boston to

Kansas City at 2pm, so hoping for that same flight time. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...