Santa Barbara things to do

We spent 3 nights in Santa Barbara so we had lots of time to explore at our leisure as well as take day trips to the wineries and some of the smaller towns.

Given your time is rather limited, I suggest renting bicycles or even e-Bikes to get around (the e-Bikes are definitely helpful especially on those hills)! When we weren't out on day trips, we rode along the beach, neighborhoods, went to the Mission, State Street, and Urban Wine Trail.

Any other ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoyed the maritime museum as well as the water taxi ride from the museum pier to Stearns Wharf pier.

The courthouse and mission offer a glimpse into early California history and architecture. We had wanted to visit the art museum, but it was closed during our visit.

This website may be useful to you. I used it for planning our day in port.

http://santabarbaraca.com/travel-trade/cruise-santa-barbara/

We live in a community about an hour away from Santa Barbara. We are closer to the LA zoo but my grandkids prefer the Santa Barbara zoo. You can use Uber to get there for around $5 each way. They have scooter rentals just inside. You can easily do it in around 2 hours. They also have a hot rod car ride. It was quite fun.

http://santabarbarahotrodlimo.com/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The Courthouse, The Mission, The Presidio, maybe the little zoo, lunch at an outdoor cafe on State Street. If you like wine, maybe the Urban Wine Trail.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g33045-Activities-Santa_Barbara_California.html

What would be the best way to

get to these places ? Maybe the trolley ? Looks too far to walk to all of them. Thx :)

What would be the best way to

get to these places ? Maybe the trolley ? Looks too far to walk to all of them. Thx :)

The state street trolley will take you near the Presidio and the Courthouse. I don't remember how far the mission is because we had a car when we went there long ago.We did walk to the Presidio from the boat, and took the trolley back. In my opinion, the mission is more interesting than the Presidio. It had more to see.

Another idea is to rent a car and drive to Solvang, an old Danish town not too far away.