BestShoreTrips.com ??

jennybee

• 3 weeks later...

They quoted us a ridiculously high rate of $170 pp for 8 people $1360) for a city tour in Abu Dhabi. I wrote back that it was way out of our price range. They then asked our price range & I said no more than $90 pp and they came back that they would do an all day tour for $90 per person and then add in $20 extra per person for lunch. We decided it would make most sense to take 2 taxis since all the sites we want to see are close together.

With a little homework on what you want to see, you could easily visit all three ports on your own using taxis.....Especially Dubai. Taxis in Dubai are inexpensive and metered. There also is an excellent metro system that can take you to some sights (Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall and the creek area.) In Muscat you will have to negotiate your fare and be sure to clarify if the price is per person or for you and who ever else you are with.

If you want to use a tour company, I have had satisfactory experience with Arabian Adventures (affiliate of Emirates Airlines) in Dubai.

If you plan to visit Burj Khalifa in Dubai, be sure to book your tickets in advance as they often sell out. It also is a lot cheaper to do so.

Let me know if you have more specific questions and I will try to help answer them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies everyone. We've decided to go it alone using taxis/ hoho bus etc. in Dubai & Abu Dhabi, we've booked a tour with Marks Tours in Oman and at present Fujairah is looking like a lazy day on the balcony. If we want to stretch our legs we might take the shuttle to the supermarket.

PS Thanks lilybob, I've diarised the date for booking my Burj Khalifa tickets

Let me know if you have more specific questions and I will try to help answer them.

A quick question for you Lilybob if you wouldn't mind helping me:

I'm going to take AED Dirhams and US$ for Dubai and Abu Dhabi; should I take a small amount of Omani Rials for Oman?:confused:

Thanks, Jenny

Archived