myfitnesspal.com

puggleperson

Okay I am going to check it out.

I need to lose 30 to 40 lbs. I have never dieted before. I was thin till i was in my mid 40s. Now I am 53 and weigh 200 lbs. I am 5'9" tall. My Dr said 30 to 40 lbs would be good to aim for.

I am to work out more and lift weights and try to eat less of the same foods I eat now.

Other than my weight I have no health issues and take no meds.

So far I have been doing that.... more exercise less food... for a month. Lost all of 0, yes thats a zero, lbs. Not sure what to do or how to diet.

My Dr said to make sure that I continue to eat "healthy" that since all my blood work is good and my cholesterol is good not to mess that up. That I need to exercise more.

• 4 months later...

I love myfitnesspal.com it is a great way to stay accountable to yourself and assist in portion control and encourage exercise and healthy living. I started using it in November and lost 12 # ..only gained 3 during the holidays and lost those again. just returned from a trip to Las Vegas so have been afraid to weigh as I haven't been able to get back on the treadmill or a decent eating regimen with my schedule ( 12 hour noc shifts) but will get back on track starting today! goal for me is another 10 # by April 26..NOLA jazzfest and cruise to Jamaica!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I've been using MFP since May 2011 and I'm down about 15 lbs. I go to WW for their scale. I have a lifetime membership to WW for the past 27 years. I prefer mfp to using the points system. They workout about the same. WW is also based on about 1,200 calories. I've been on a zillion diets and have never gotten really heavy. I am about 12 lbs. from my goal. My problem is that we travel a lot and I'm not good at all when I'm on vacation. I make good food choices most of the time but then when I add alcohol to the mix, I lose control and end up eating sweets. I think a big part of being successful is journaling and being accountable for what you are eating. I do exercise a lot. I go to zumba 3 times a week and then do the Curves circuit twice a week. I also walk 3 miles every morning. Although I do quite a bit of exercise, what I eat plays the biggest part.

Marianne

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked for a TA next April, so I've been on CC alot and just came across this post.

Started MFP on Monday 3-26. I'm hoping it's the extra motivation needed to lose 30 lbs. (20 of that by this July for DD beach wedding).

Good luck to all and keep it up! We can do it!!

I started using MyFitnessPal on my android phone March 10, 1500 calorie plan, and using a natural fat metabolizer called Slimmetry (Nutrilite...purchased it on Netshopnow.com). I've lost 8lbs since the 10th and counting...goal is 65 lbs by November. I love the accountability MFP brings as well as the AMAZING database it has....easiest weight loss plan I've ever been on. I plan on adding exercise but for now my job has moderate walking and that's about it for me.

Here's to all of us!;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. I saw this on the same day that I asked some friends for advice and a few mentioned MFP. I SUCK at logging my foods for more than a few days, so we'll see how this goes. In the past I've always had to use a paper diary or wait until I'm in front of a computer. I now have an iTouch, so that will help. I think my biggest obstacle is that I like to cook and logging in homemade dishes with lots of ingredients is a PITA! So if I want to stick to the diary, I need to change the way I eat. Sigh. I guess that's the point. :)

Thanks for the tip. I saw this on the same day that I asked some friends for advice and a few mentioned MFP. I SUCK at logging my foods for more than a few days, so we'll see how this goes. In the past I've always had to use a paper diary or wait until I'm in front of a computer. I now have an iTouch, so that will help. I think my biggest obstacle is that I like to cook and logging in homemade dishes with lots of ingredients is a PITA! So if I want to stick to the diary, I need to change the way I eat. Sigh. I guess that's the point. :)

Don't forget you can store favorite foods and meals. So once you store certain ingredients, it should make inputting a little quicker. And if you cook some recipes often, you can save it as a meal, and pull it up et al next time in one shot.

i just completed my 1st week with MFP and lost 3 lbs but this was not my 1st week on a diet i had been kinda stuck at 1 place for awhile i guess being aware might have something to do with it lol for once in my life i am part of a program thats telling me i am not eating enough calories feel free to add me as a friend username dlminnerjr

I found out about MFP on here and have lost 44.9 lbs in 3 months. I won a weightloss competition at work using this app as well as the nike GPS app that tracks your calories and running/jogging/walking distances and times. MFP is awesome. Follow it and do some exercise and it works. Its not that hard to eat healthy and I found I had trouble getting up to the calories I needed to eat. Three keys to my succes were:

1. NO fried foods whatsoever

2. Increase veggies intake and fill up on them.

3. exercise at least 3 times a week

Anyone can do it!

I had lost 31 lbs with MFP until my first cruise last week. Got back home and found that I had gained 3 lbs. Thank goodness that I did a lot of walking on the ship, hardly used the elevators, and I hit the gym every morning for about 30 minutes. I'll be able to get back on track and lose the weight I gained and a little extra.

i just completed my 1st week with MFP and lost 3 lbs but this was not my 1st week on a diet i had been kinda stuck at 1 place for awhile i guess being aware might have something to do with it lol for once in my life i am part of a program thats telling me i am not eating enough calories feel free to add me as a friend username dlminnerjr

I'm also using myfitnesspal. Started this week. A trainer recommended it highly. It's wonderful. Even tells you when you aren't eating enough. Wish I could use it on the cruise on May 15th. Will be on the Carnival Glory! But too expensive.....internet and cell phone fees! Please feel free to add me as a friend. Screen name is same as here.

Karen

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Archived