Belize Excursions

kevjoseph

Cave-tubing.

Mayan ruins (Altun Ha via private or ship excursion; Xunantunich via ship excursion; some folks like to head to Lamanai but its generally available only via private excursion and runs risk of missing ship on return).

Snorkeling off the reef or one of the cayes (via ship or private).

Xunantunich via ship excursion

We did this one, there were others offered through the ship but this was the only one that said that we may be able to climb the ruins weather dependent.

The weather was good so we did get to climb

Amazing experience!!!

We have done cave tubing combo 4x4 excursion through cavetubing dot com. Had a great time. And we did a wonderful excursion through Eco tours where we took a plane to paradise island and went snorkeling at shark ray alley and the reef. It was an unforgettable experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

While in Belize last week the wife and took an all day excursion to the Mayan ruins it was amazing.I would suggest it to everyone.It was a long bus ride but we got to see a lot of the countryside and learn slot amour their culture.Excursion also included a lunch that was delicious.As well as a cold beer,can't go wrong!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Cave-tubing.

some folks like to head to Lamanai but its generally available only via private excursion and runs risk of missing ship on return).

).

Sorry this is just not true.

We went to LAmanai on an NCL excursion in January.

IT was excellent and the only ship excursions we have done in a long time.

This January we will be in Belize again. This time on a Celebrity ship. They also offer the Lamanai Tour.

Every one I know who has taken this tour has loved it.

It came highly recommended to us and we now recommend it to others.

We took a tour to Lamanai through Royal Caribbean. It was fantastic. Considering the distance involved, a cruise line sponsored tour is highly recommended.

If you have time, you might enjoy seeing the slide show my wife made with some of her pictures and placed on her website. The link below with take you there.

Mayan Ruins of Lamanai in Belize

• 5 months later...

We took an early tender and sat on right side to see the lighthouse which was smaller than I expected.

We arranged a combo of city/country and rum factory tour from F&A tours for $25/person. There were 4 in our group and Modesto was very knowledgeable. We learned minimum wage there is $2.50/hour and 11% unemployment rate. Our guispoke British English so needed to concentrate. He recommended the Three Barrel rum which was much smoother than One Barrel promoted in Fodors guide. It was interesting to see the old equipment and the current bottling process. You pay $1 for 2 shots to taste test. we crossed the Swing bridge which is hand cranked by six men. Belize city has narrowest Main Street in the world. The roads were rough. All schools are private and education is important.

We were there on 2/10 and weather was great. We planned tour of Mayan ruins in Cozumel and so opted to learn about the Area

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We took a tour to Lamanai through Royal Caribbean. It was fantastic. Considering the distance involved, a cruise line sponsored tour is highly recommended.

If you have time, you might enjoy seeing the slide show my wife made with some of her pictures and placed on her website. The link below with take you there.

Mayan Ruins of Lamanai in Belize

Great slide show. Thank you!

Vacationdreamer <><

• 2 weeks later...
We took an early tender and sat on right side to see the lighthouse which was smaller than I expected.

We arranged a combo of city/country and rum factory tour from F&A tours for $25/person. There were 4 in our group and Modesto was very knowledgeable. We learned minimum wage there is $2.50/hour and 11% unemployment rate. Our guispoke British English so needed to concentrate. He recommended the Three Barrel rum which was much smoother than One Barrel promoted in Fodors guide. It was interesting to see the old equipment and the current bottling process. You pay $1 for 2 shots to taste test. we crossed the Swing bridge which is hand cranked by six men. Belize city has narrowest Main Street in the world. The roads were rough. All schools are private and education is important.

We were there on 2/10 and weather was great. We planned tour of Mayan ruins in Cozumel and so opted to learn about the Area

I've searched for F&A Tours but have not had any luck finding information of them on them. Anyone have a link or other information on them? I've searched using "F&A", "F and A", and "FandA" tours in Belize...