Cameras while cave tubing

Mrs.Gosse

I see pictures online so someone is obviously taking pictures during cave tubing. I would like to know what kind of picture taking device I should use or you would recommend.

I see a 35mm waterproof disposable online for $9 and then some digitals for $75. I really don't want to spend that but I would like to have pictures, and as many as I want, not just 24.

I would like to hear what other people have done.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the quality of pictures you want. For just your own scrapbook the disposable should be fine. /for posting and sharing on the web, there are really good waterproof cameras that aren't that expensive. Check some review sites and pick the one that works best for you. We use a small flat Cannon that's 3 or 4 years old and still works well. //still ahve space on the simcard.

Following. We have also been checking reviews for a digital waterproof camera under $100. Any help is much appreciated!

I know this is going to sound snarky but Good luck!

If you get real lucky you might find a used one on e-bay for that price but you should expect between $250 - $300 at a minimum.

I ended up reading some reviews on a 50 dollar camera on Amazon. It's made by Bell & Howell which I have never heard of but there were a lot of reviews and some actual pictures. I figured by the time I bought a case for my phone it would be close to that and our granddaughter can use it when she comes over because she always wants to take pictures. And now I won't feel scared about getting wet in any location and if it breaks then I'm only out $50. Hopefully I got a good one. You never know when you order online.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

I ended up reading some reviews on a 50 dollar camera on Amazon. It's made by Bell & Howell which I have never heard of but there were a lot of reviews and some actual pictures. I figured by the time I bought a case for my phone it would be close to that and our granddaughter can use it when she comes over because she always wants to take pictures. And now I won't feel scared about getting wet in any location and if it breaks then I'm only out $50. Hopefully I got a good one. You never know when you order online.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

Bell and Howell used to be the Cadillac of move cameras years ago.

My husband brought his GoPro and it was perfect for the caves. A few of the pictures were blurry, but overall it worked out great.

How did your husband use it, head band, free hand on lanyard or something else? I wonder how it might work on the helmet along with the headlamp they use.

Edited by 5kids2dogs

I've taken my Nikon Cool Pix in the caves and got great pics! I've also used it when snorkeling and I'm very impressed with the quality. I got it on sale at Target for $100 and it is now my go to cruise camera. I use it more than I thought I would.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzC6LqxJeU--MH14B5Iuw8YEZJ7zMag9ERwOB8PQweOAV5osUkBA

There are several companies that make great waterproof carriers for smartphones, that also float. Like above.

You can take pictures while in the holder as it is clear plastic, wear it aroud your neck and have no worries if it falls because it will float.

Usually plenty of room to hold ship card, cash etc. without getting in the way of the camera lens.

You can find on Ebay, Amazon , Gander Mtn.