When is final payment due...exactly?

caymancouple

I did a search on Celebrity site and this one as "final payment". Find everything, but, what I wanted to know. How far out if final payment due? Leave April 18 on a 15 day cruise, outside cabin, if that makes a difference.

Thanks

The final payment date should be shown right on your invoice, and you should also be able to see it on your account online. It is generally 75 days out, but there are some exceptions.

If you booked through a travel agent, some of them set their own final payment date that is often earlier than the cruise line's final payment date.

I'm guessing it's the Millenium on April 18. Final payment is due February 2, 2011

Yep, that's the one, and yes, I called Celebrity, closed, and looked at my invoice from my TA and it says final due 1/2/11. Got to thinking about that and went ?????. So, I have emailed my TA.

Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Usually TA's set final payment date earlier than the cruise line's official date so there is some wiggle room if the transaction does not go through. A month does seem to be a longer piece of wiggle room than is usual though, about two weeks early is fairly common.

Usually final payment is due 75 days out for cruises 6+ days and 60 days out for 5 days or less. For holiday sailings, deposit could be due 90 days in advance regardless of the cruise duration.

In any case, your confirmation from Celebrity or your TA can confirm the exact date.

My last TA charged the final payment 2 wks before Celebrity said it was due. My current TA does it a week ahead of Celebrity's time table. A month does seem like over diligent. Whatever the time table, make sure on your credit card record that the payment goes to Celebrity, not the TA.

Last year there were some troubles w/ a TA that went belly up and charged the payment to their agency. Those caught up in cruise final payment near the time they went bankrupt had issues w/ getting the money to the right place (or getting a refund).

Just so you know, you are sailing over a holiday so final from Celebrity may be 90 days. Your TA may have added to it.

It could also be that the invoicing system the TA is using is formatted to show day/month/year instead of month/day/year.

Why not just call your TA and ask?

I would call your TA first thing Monday morning. I booked a March 2011 cruise thru

a TA and final payment was 12/1/10. If I had kept my booking with Celebrity, final payment would have been Jan 1, 2011. TA collects early to pay Celebrity.

Call your TA asap.

We are going on a cruise in July and have been told by our TA that final payment is 26 January. When I queried it I was told that is the date Celebrity gave them

Wow - that's odd. We're cruising in July as well (7/22), but our final payment isn't due until May ...

Wow - that's odd. We're cruising in July as well (7/22), but our final payment isn't due until May ...

That is what annoys me. Not sure if that comes from not being a big country but I suppose at least we seem to get the same as everyone else with the price drops

Well I was able to answer the question about when Celebrity required it because I went on and looked at deposit and final payment date and that is the date from the Celebrity website. What your TA asks for may be different. Maybe he/she is going on vacation at the time it's due and wants it in early. I can't say why they are asking for it early - I am just telling you what is on the Celebrity website.

It is strictly up to the TA you use. Once you choose them for booking, it's their perogative. The date due is always printed on their final summary of costs. If you don't want the due date as printed, you should not sign and agree to the contract. Our TA had an earlier than "normal" final due date because we booked a "group rate", got a much lower cost and they need time to rebook that room if necessary.

If you want the "normal" Celebrity due date, then you need to book thru them.

Archived