Perry Grant - The Beat Goes On!

NJ Fred

You should join our roll call. There are a few people who seem to like him. Most are like me- know nothing about him. I tend to doubt that our sailing will be packed with throngs of Perry fans since this sailing has been pretty full for quite a long time, before people knew of his placement there. I'm sure those who are his fans were pleasantly surprised to find he had switched ships.

I'll keep an open mind and maybe check out his show some night. Different preferences are what make cruises so great. If everyone loved the same thing venues would be too crowded, they'd run out of certain items at dinner, and people wouldn't be able to get their favorite drinks because all the vodka would be gone:eek:.

Maybe not "throngs" of people on your cruise attending his show but guaranteed it will be packed and Perry's fans have known for months of his schedule. No matter, there are many other types of entertainment to enjoy throughout the ship.

Maybe not "throngs" of people on your cruise attending his show but guaranteed it will be packed and Perry's fans have known for months of his schedule. No matter, there are many other types of entertainment to enjoy throughout the ship.

Yes, happy to join..I have sailed Celebrity before (equinox)...& never heard of Perry. It was only after a friend told me that I MUST SEE HIM on this sailing that I started to investigate further. From what I understand, he is quite talented and has a hugh following. As he has a longstanding following,I would imagine the guy appeals to some. I most certainly am looking for different entertainment onboard & Perry seems to fit the bill.

Five wks from now....Sailormateforyou (Sally)

Hi Arno,

Thanks very much for your live reports. I'm very pleased to hear that Perry is getting settled in his new home. I'm not at all surprised to hear the Sky Lounge is full for his performances. While I feel that the M-Class Michael's is the perfect setting for Perry, the reality was - with his ever growing fanbase, Michael's became too small for him.

Can you elaborate on Perry's performance times ? It seems as if he's performing somewhat less hours than in the past. Thanks again, and have a wonderful time on Eclipse !

I never visit the Sky Lounge (other than the odd occasion I got to the Elite drinks) and don't like lounge pianists but I'm going to have to visit at least once on my Eclipse sailing next month, just to see what all the fuss is about ;)

I never visit the Sky Lounge (other than the odd occasion I got to the Elite drinks) and don't like lounge pianists but I'm going to have to visit at least once on my Eclipse sailing next month, just to see what all the fuss is about ;)

As it happened to many - came for a few minues and stayed for the whole cruise.....

There is a large group on board which has reserved the Sky Lounge for five nights during the cruise. So on those nights Perry is only singing a shortened set.

Ah, that explains things. Thanks Cruisestitch !

Perry isn't just a lounge pianist he is an gifted entertainer who captivates his audience by drawing them into his show. Not only do you "learn things in this room" but you get to know your fellow cruisers.

Perry isn't just a lounge pianist he is an gifted entertainer who captivates his audience by drawing them into his show. Not only do you "learn things in this room" but you get to know your fellow cruisers.

My misunderstanding, I thought he played a piano.....in a lounge ;)

Ah but there's so much more than that! The piano is just the jumping off point for a lot of laughter .... Conga lines .... Wait until you see cruise director Sue Denning come in a join him for a few numbers ... Or Miss Marilyn duPree ... Hope there's room for Couple 555 to dance a bit .... And of course Positions!

Yes, it can be done that a TA can book a group to see Perry @ the Sky Lounge for 5 nites. Just have to check with either "Guest Relations" or the daily newsletter when he is available to perform for the general public on the ship...Didn't think that a group could do this,but checked with Celebrity & they confirmed this. However, the actual nites could not be confirmed vis the phone to Celebrity. I guess we just have to do a wait & see until we get on the ship & then enquire..I just am so looking forward to seeing him & enjoying myself in the Sky Lounge with "Mr Grant"!!

Can't wait for a first report from the Sky Lounge......want to know where are the best seats.....;)

We are off the Eclipse today. We are dancers and were very disappointed to find the Sky Lounge occupied nearly every night by either Perry Grant or a private party. About the only dancing we found was in the foyer, which is terribly inadequate for dancing.

While I enjoyed the Eclipse the lack of suitable dance floors would prevent us from sailing her again. We have enjoyed WOODEN dance floors on most of the other ships we have sailed along with a variety of dance music in different locations in the evening. This did not exist on this sailing.

We are off the Eclipse today. We are dancers and were very disappointed to find the Sky Lounge occupied nearly every night by either Perry Grant or a private party. About the only dancing we found was in the foyer, which is terribly inadequate for dancing.

While I enjoyed the Eclipse the lack of suitable dance floors would prevent us from sailing her again. We have enjoyed WOODEN dance floors on most of the other ships we have sailed along with a variety of dance music in different locations in the evening. This did not exist on this sailing.

Based on the most recent past cruises we have taken - with or without Perry likely the only dancing you would find anyway would be in the Foyer during the time frame Perry entertains.

On another note I am feeling a sense of meaness in the negative comments related to Perry on this thread (not this poster). While everyone is entitled to an opinion -bullish bashing is unbecoming - he does have a huge following and if you don't like his act so be it don't attend. To be nasty about it says more about you than anything bad you can say about Perry.

Edited by Hapytocruise
missed clarifying

Based on the most recent past cruises we have taken - with or without Perry likely the only dancing you would find anyway would be in the Foyer during the time frame Perry entertains.

On another note I am feeling a sense of meaness in the negative comments related to Perry on this thread (not this poster). While everyone is entitled to an opinion -bullish bashing is unbecoming - he does have a huge following and if you don't like his act so be it don't attend. To be nasty about it says more about you than anything bad you can say about Perry.

Offering an adverse opinion does not mean we are nasty or bullish. His having a large following does not influence my opinion as I formed that all on myown.:rolleyes:

I agree you are entitled to your opinion. Personally I think Perry is one of the best individual's on Celebrity. However, the fact that he is also on the Eclipse with Sue Denning is the best combo ever. My husband and I just got off the Reflection, and in our opinion Sue Denning is the best cruise director on all of Celebrity's Ship.

We have two more celebrity cruises this year and I do not think we will have the change to be with Sue or Perry. Will miss them both

sailnjmom49

Hi, we just got off Eclipse today, a wonderful 2 week cruise. This was Perry's first cruise on this ship, and was his settling-in cruise. His first "official" cruise is the one starting today, Feb. 9, and there are many, many fans who have booked it just to see him. That being said, Perry played almost nightly in the Sky Lounge, some nights twice. He started at 7:45, well after the Elite Cocktail hour was done. There is no conflict with Perry and the Elite hours, which are 5-7 pm. (On this cruise we had 700 Elites on board and we were given vouchers to use at most of the bars throughout the ship.) Perry was very popular and the Sky Lounge was fairly full for all his performances.

One night Perry even had his own full show in the main Theater, and both seatings were full. Perry said that Celebrity has been good to him, and is supportive in accomodating his popularity. Michael's Club was fun back in the day, but he needed a bigger venue.

For those who don't know, Perry is a pianist and singer with an entertaining patter, who has loads of fans.