Steakhouse or MDR for Elegant Night

Kobayashi

I'm sailing solo on a 7 night cruise in a month. I'm planning on eating at least once at Nick and Nora's, possibly twice. I don't drink alcohol so reserving the first night for the free wine isn't a deciding factor. If you had to choose where to eat during elegant night which would you choose? I'll be dressed up regardless. Is the food better during elegant night(s) that I should attend and save the steakhouse reservation for another night? Thanks for any input!

Another vote for MDR lobster or two or three(they are small tails) with prime rib on dress up night in the MDR. It's the best menu of the week in the MDR, why miss it? Any other night is great for the steakhouse. As others have already said, the steakhouse selections are so much better than the ordinary fare in the MDR. I usually go to the steakhouse on the last night of a cruise.

I'm sailing solo on a 7 night cruise in a month. I'm planning on eating at least once at Nick and Nora's, possibly twice. I don't drink alcohol so reserving the first night for the free wine isn't a deciding factor. If you had to choose where to eat during elegant night which would you choose? I'll be dressed up regardless. Is the food better during elegant night(s) that I should attend and save the steakhouse reservation for another night? Thanks for any input!

As a rule Formal nights in MDRs feature best menus.

So we always plan specialty restaurants on other days to the best of both worlds.

I usually go to the steakhouse on the last night of a cruise.

Excellent idea! Great way to enjoy the last night! I just made this reservation. Looks like I'll need to make another reservation earlier in the week for a non-elegant night to get the best of both worlds! Thanks for everyone's input!!!

Now the next question is, how can I tell which nights are the elegant nights on my cruise?