How warm is Journey's pool?

Chewbecca

Just that really!

I am a wimp and can only swim when the pool is lovely and warm. We're considering the TA in April and it'd be good to use the pool on the many sea days. We were on Oceania's Regatta in Alaska this summer and the pool was gorgeous - hoping Joirney's would be the same (know the are basically the same ship)

Thanks!

I'll go with what Robin said. Some people will swim but not me! We were on the Journey in mid-May this year and it was unseasonably cold weather on some days. Nice enough for sun bathing on the pool deck in the afternoon but no way would I get in the water. Mother Nature just wasn't cooperating. :mad:

The pool temp should be fine. The air temp during an April TA may not be.

Last I checked the water came from the ocean and it willlbe filled somewhere in the middle of the ocean. .too cold.. I could sunbath but not get near the water. In the Uk a few diehards got in but i am sure hey were from canada or the UK.

On my last Quest Transatlantic, the staff must have made a mistake because the pool was literally over 100 degrees F. I think someone reversed the temperature of the pool and the hot tubs. We actually had to ask them too cool it down a bit. They CAN heat up the pool, if you find it too cold, I would just ask, there is no reason they can't keep it over 85 degrees F because (I think) they use waste heat (i.e. heat from the engine that would otherwise not be used) to heat the water.

john

On our June cruise, the Quest's pool was like a bath...so much so that people were complaining...not me! I loved it. So relaxing. My friend was on the Journey in May...same thing. Enjoy!

Oh dear, this is not good news (except for the last post). We are absolutely not die hards and if we cannot swim, I don't think we'll take the TA.

Not so worried about the air temperature, as I say, we swam in Alaska when the air was cold but the pool warm.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Just what I was afraid of. The pool is not cold. The water is heated, not pumped straight in unheated from the ocean. You don't have to be a polar bear or one of those crazies who jump in the ocean on January 1.

If the air temp will not bother you, the pool will be fine.