Reservations for Entertainment on Freedom of the Seas

I need help!!?! I thought I was supposed to make reservations for the shows on Freedom but it tells me it is not available yet, if it is more than 60 days out, come back later. it is 45 days out (sailing July 8). am i doing something wrong? :confused:

They are sometimes late in opening up the entertainment schedules for reservations. It does sound like you're looking in the right place, if that's any consolation.

You could try e-mailing [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse] to see if they know when the reservations would be available.

Sometimes they are really late doing this! When we sailed last January, they didn't open up online entertainment reservations until about two weeks before we sailed.

thanks for the replies. i had even received an email a few weeks back telling me - make your entertainment reservations for your upcoming cruise now! - but it said not available yet when i tried. haha! i will keep looking . just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing it right. thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to open up an old thread. So on Freedom of the Seas, (we're leaving Aug 5) is it required to pre-register to get a seat or can you show up? I guess what I am wondering is to the shows fill up with pre-registrations? I figure there will be a handful of people who will register but never show up?

Sorry to open up an old thread. So on Freedom of the Seas, (we're leaving Aug 5) is it required to pre-register to get a seat or can you show up? I guess what I am wondering is to the shows fill up with pre-registrations? I figure there will be a handful of people who will register but never show up?

Went on the 17th and the ice show really required pre registration, the rest didn't seem to matter, they just let everyone in at once. Maybe register for the ice show, Marquee, and the Once upon a Time show, those seemed to be the most popular. Show up about a half hour early to get a good seat for any show.

Our experience was for most of the shows including ice show and magic show they let those with reservations in first, and then those without maybe ten to fifteen minutes later...plenty of room for everyone. BUT if sitting closer is important to you .(it was to us as we were with a family with small children) then you will want to make a reservation...

We just got off the Freedom last week (6/24 sailing) and we had reservations for every show and there were not needed. We didn't even need them for the ice show. For every show we watched, we just showed up about 10 minutes before showtime and found a good seat. There were a reported 4200 passengers. The CD routinely mentioned that reservations were not neccessary for folks to come and enjoy the shows.

Not saying that everyone had the same experience, but that was our experience.

We just got off the Freedom last week (6/24 sailing) and we had reservations for every show and there were not needed. We didn't even need them for the ice show. For every show we watched, we just showed up about 10 minutes before showtime and found a good seat. There were a reported 4200 passengers. The CD routinely mentioned that reservations were not neccessary for folks to come and enjoy the shows.

Not saying that everyone had the same experience, but that was our experience.

Our experience was the same on our April cruise, and that was during spring break with a full ship! I did make reservations for the ice show; however, we noticed lots of empty seats. We usually just show up about 5 or 10 min before the show starts & do not have a problem finding seats in the balcony.

Sherri:)

I was on the June 17th sailing of Freedom. I just walked into the shows without reservations about 15 minutes before the shows started and there were always plenty of seats open even near the front.

Archived