Hotel walking distance from NOLA port

elifnena

Watching along with you for this answer! :) We have been in N.O.-- as recently as 2 months ago, but the port is not even within view of the French Quarter. I'm looking at a map of the area, and so far, I can't even tell where the port is. Hope someone gets on here with some info to share.

http://portno.com/pno_pages/about_locations_maps.htm

Maps are here.

Look for hotels in the Warehouse District, especially along Convention Center Blvd. Those are within walking distance of the port. Keep in mind, though, that you have to walk AROUND the Convention Center. No shortcuts. Not a bad walk unless you are carrying a bunch of luggage.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your reply, my trip is comming up in Aug. and I was wondering if I stay in New orleans Hotel at 881 Convention Center Blvd. if I will need to get a Cab from there to the port ,and if there are side walks to walt to the port. also How much is it a cab from airport to New orleans Hotel at 881 Convention Center Blvd. Any one can help on this.

Thanks

The port is within view of the Quarter. As you face the river, look to the right towards the bridge. The port is right past the aquarium, next to the Hilton hotel and the Riverwalk Marketplace.

If you read the other threads in this section you will see that you need to go around the Convention Center which is a mile long. You can't walk through the Convention Center.

Thanks for your reply, my trip is comming up in Aug. and I was wondering if I stay in New orleans Hotel at 881 Convention Center Blvd. if I will need to get a Cab from there to the port ,and if there are side walks to walt to the port. also How much is it a cab from airport to New orleans Hotel at 881 Convention Center Blvd. Any one can help on this.

Thanks

At the airport arrivals area there is a cab stand and they have flat rates posted on a big board plus there is a dispatcher standing there.

When you get to the hotel ask the door man about the easiest way to get to the port. You will not be the first one to have ever asked.

Also ask if there is a free shulltle to the quarter since it can be a walk from some hotels. Also if your out late take a cab back to the hotel. Less than $10 for your safety.

Archived