Any hotels near the Ballantyne Pier

Ballantyne does not have any hotels nearby. Taxi/shuttles from other hotels is best.

Which cruise are you on? I heard that pier is closed for cruise ship operations now. Everything happens at the main Canada Place terminal.

Ballantyne does not have any hotels nearby. Taxi/shuttles from other hotels is best.

Which cruise are you on? I heard that pier is closed for cruise ship operations now. Everything happens at the main Canada Place terminal.

Hi, Next Sept on the Radiance. Thanks.

Hi, Next Sept on the Radiance. Thanks.

You'll probably find yourself at Canada Place. Even if you did end up at Ballantyne, it's not a part of town you'd want to stay. Taxi from downtown (Canada Place area) proper to Ballantyne is under $15, so I wouldn't get worried about it.

Currently I am in Fort Lauderdale but on my iPad I am unable to find any dates that Balantyne will be used this year. However, even if there were, there are no hotels close to that pier that anyone would want to stay at. I would recommend that you focus on the downtown area.

Edited by Putterdude

Doing a Google. Radiance of the seas shows two September departures. Both from Canada Place. Where did you hear that it is a Ballentyne departure? I realize things can change and the website may not be updated.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/search/vacationSearchResult.do?cruiseType=CO&includeAdjascentPorts=Y&actionType=&eventSource=port&dest=&date=201509&port=SEA&port=YVR&ship=RD&experience=&submit=Find+Cruises&state=NA

Speaking of changes Xixo, was planning to stay in Vancouver the night before the cruise, but yesterday, was choppin on some hard candy, and I broke a tooth.:eek: Now, I have to go for a crown, so...:rolleyes: Last yr started out the same, was eatin a radish, broke a tooth, had to have a root canal and crown.:eek: This time only a crown, jest can't win.

The buildings were still there a week ago - drive by there every week or so - the port cruise schedule is now posted on their web site and it shows no ship at Ballantyne - enhancements are being made at Canada Place to help alleviate the congestion when the third and fourth ship are docked there - I only saw one day when there are four ships and that is in September.

Cheers!

Dennis

Kiewit did the last redevelopment c.1995. The past tense and description of what they tore down also fits how it was rather than is right now.

What is now Ballantyne will become part of the expanded Centerm container terminal - although it'll be at least a few months before even the preliminary plans are published.

We will be arriving in Vancouver on the Radiance September 4 and have the same question regarding hotels. Assuming arrival at Canada Place, are there hotels that provide transfers? We will be leaving by rail, so that is another consideration.

We will be arriving in Vancouver on the Radiance September 4 and have the same question regarding hotels. Assuming arrival at Canada Place, are there hotels that provide transfers? We will be leaving by rail, so that is another consideration.

Hi Don & Jackie. I'm on the cruise with you.:) Go over to Royal Caribbean roll call page for the Radiance and sign up for the meet and mingle. Hope to meet you in Sept. There are about 20 or so people who will be on the Radiance. Hope this helps you, to know who you will be cruising with.

Virginia

I would say Canada Place is a safe bet as the port authority has announced they will only handle cruise ships at that facility in the future.

Pan Pacific Hotel is located in the same building as the Canada Place terminal. Fairmount Waterfront and Fairmount Pacific Rim are across the street.

Canada Place is right in the downtown core and a very short taxi ride to most hotels. If you are looking for more affordable options there is a Holiday Inn Downtown, Days Inn, Sutton Hotel. Both Delta Hotels and Cost Hotels are two well respected Canadian chains with multiple properties in Vancouver. Sandman Hotels is a less upscale Canadian brand. You would probably want one of the downtown locations.

For either VIA rail or Amtrack the rail station you would use is Pacific Central Station. That rail station you would be using is a short taxi ride away. Rocky Mountainer leaves out of its own station. I would avoid any hotel in close proximately to the train station.

Everyone has there favourite hotel. Generally Vancouver hotels are expensive. Key advantage you have coming up from the US is the Canadian Dollar has devalued by about 20% due to the low price of oil.

Edited by em-sk

As noted by em-sk, a taxi is probably your best bet to get to a local hotel that isn't within walking distance of Canada Place. There are only a couple of local hotels with a shuttle I'm aware of, the Hampton Inn and Blu (right next door to each other beside BC Place stadium), and those shuttles are drop-off only - they will not come get you to check in to the hotel.

Something a lot of folks really fail to grasp is the compact nature of Vancouver - while we have some extensive suburban areas that look like any North American city, 90% of anything that most tourists want to do happens in or immediately adjacent to the downtown core which is barely 2 square miles in size, extremely walkable, chock-full of bike lanes, and has more transit routes than you can shake a stick at.

From Canada Place it's almost impossible to pay more than $10 for a cab to a downtown hotel unless traffic is outrageous.

• 1 month later...