Does Princess ever do last minute, no solo supplement?

dad son team

I was looking at some TA's on Princess for next month and the prices look good for double, and there seems to be a lot of cabins left. Right now the solo supplement is not quite double, but close. Do they ever do very low to no supplement as the sailings get closer?

I booked Regal Princess about a month ago for a 7 day Carib sailing 3/19. I got a Club Class mini-suite for $843, tax included, no single supplement. I called because I thought the price was a mistake as it was half the price of an inside. Price was part of a sell out of group space being held by this particular agency. Were only 3 cabins left at this price. I always ask about group space as you can often get a very good deal or additional amenities.

I prefer a balcony but often book an inside & wait for price to drop after final pay. About 90% of the time I am able to upgrade for under $300 & often for same price as I paid for the inside. Location is important to me so I never book a guarantee. If I was willing to do that I could probably get an even better deal. Have not found most solo cabins to be a good deal. Often very small or in poor locations. Sometimes very little price difference between solo cabin & a regular interior in a good location. Always good idea to get a comparable quote.