Bali again

Floridiana

Cashmeremypuppydog

thank you so much ��������

I emailed Dewa just now... within a hour he has replied and suggested all the itinerary I wanted �� Very happy so far. I'm desperate to get this cruise right as it's both mine and my friends 50th birthdays and she's never cruised before. We are both "Virgins" to the far east too

So alot to read , learn and prepare for ��

I will share my experience.

However I'm happy to say 11th Feb 2018... I now have a guide booked ��

Hello Lindyloo17,

I am sure you will love Dewa and Bali.

We just came back from a B2B cruise with HAL. Our ship stayed overnight in Bali (Feb 8-9, 2017). Disembarkation was smooth and quick.

Dewa was there to greet us. Our reunion was very touching as the last time we had seen him was just before DH was released from a Bali's hospital. Dewa had rented a nice van and a driver as we had 3 other couples who wanted to join us on our 2-day adventure in Bali. You might recall that we are now sponsoring Dewa's daughter, Ayu, to go to English school. She is like a grand daughter to us. Her birthday is on Feb 10 so we had asked Dewa to organize a birthday party for Ayu at our expense. Each year, Ayu is asked what she wants forher birthday: go to Mc Donalds or a party with 2-3 of her friends. She always choose McDonalds.... So this year,it was her first ever birthday party...

We started by touring around Ubud until 5pm. Then, it was party time. We drove to Dewa's house and the birthday girl was already celebrating with 30 other children from her class and relatives. It was so exciting to see big smiles on their faces. A clown had been hired to entertain the kids. He did an awesome job. DH and I met Dewa's family:mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, cousins, nieces....... The compound was filled with people. It is an evening DH and I will never forget. Later on, Dewa drove us to a small Balinese hotel (in Ubud) where the 4 couples slept. The next morning, Dewa picked us up at 9am and we toured around until it was time to get back to the cruise ship. We have only one regret: not enough time with Dewa, his wife and his 2 children. DH and I will definitely have to go back to Bali but not by cruise ship this time.

Thank you Dewa for the magical time you made us experience. We love you.:hearteyes:

The Canadians!:cool:

Edited by cashmeremypuppydog
mistakes...

Sounds a wonderful connection 😀

I hope we have a great experience of Bali as it's our first port , one day I would like to holiday there too. My friend has never cruised and we are both new to the Far East. I feel alot more confident now we have made contact with Dewa 😀

I intend writing a blog of my adventures and of course will update everyone on here too 😀 hopefully helping others plan their holidays 😀

I would love another couple of people to join us on our excursions, and I will post that offer up on the cruise Roll Call for 5th Feb Sapphire Princess :D

• 2 weeks later...

Bali, Feb.8 - 9, 2017

We had Dewa as our personal guide for 2 days in Bali. He was very accommodating and informative. A great host and seemed to be very excited about his work.

We had a very special visit with his family on his daughters 8th birthday. His entire family was very friendly and generous. This was certainly the highlight of our cruise. We would very strongly recommend his tour to anyone who wants a truly cultural experience.

Thanks to Dennis and Chantal for making this tour possible.

Lynne and Sandra Paul

Sounds a wonderful connection 😀

I hope we have a great experience of Bali as it's our first port , one day I would like to holiday there too. My friend has never cruised and we are both new to the Far East. I feel alot more confident now we have made contact with Dewa 😀

I intend writing a blog of my adventures and of course will update everyone on here too 😀 hopefully helping others plan their holidays 😀

I would love another couple of people to join us on our excursions, and I will post that offer up on the cruise Roll Call for 8th Feb Sapphire Princess :D

Sorry just edited this . We cruise on the 8th ... arrive in BALI 11th Feb 2018 ;p

On March 5th 2017 we visited Bali on a shore excursion. A friend had suggested we contact and exNCL bartender, Gede Sujana, as he had started his own tour guide company a while back, http://www.baliepicatours.com/

We were on the NCL Star cruise from Sydney Australia that limped along for a few days so we had to contact Gede often with changes and possible cancellation of the excursion, westarted off talking about a tour for four passengers and ended up spending the day with him, 2 mini vans and 22 of our fellow cruise mates. He navigated through all our emails back and forth very calmly and offered us a wonderful day in Bali. We visited the MonkeyForest, a Batuan Temple, a waterfall, the Silver factory and had great local cuisine at a very pretty restaurant. So glad they were driving as Bali’s traffic is wild but they had us back to the ship in plenty of time, safe and sound.

We do not hesitate to recommend you contact him to arrange for your shore excursion in Bali!

• 2 weeks later...