MS Europa 2 Schedule beyond Spring 2018.

English Voyager

According to the recent announcement of a new Sales Representative for the UK & Ireland we are the second largest source market in Europe for Hapag-Lloyd Cruises.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/hapag-lloyd-cruises-appoints-new-head-of-sales-for-uk-ireland-as-flanagan-retires.html

One would imagine that the drastic decline in the value of Sterling against the Euro since the Brexit vote will have an adverse impact on sales in the UK & Ireland.

Well worth the effort.

The worst that can happen is that Michael Steffl confirms the Team Leader's decision.

I did write that letter but sadly they just confirmed the previous decision. I guess no more HL for me. :(

No. He passed my email on to some sales team lead (Teamleitung Direktkundenteam). Possibly the one who made the decision in the first place.

If I was you I would write a further letter to Michael Steffl advising that the Team Leader to whom he passed your letter has responded by reiterating the earlier decision.

I would state that that decision

a) appears to pay no recognition to your history as a client of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises;

b) appears to be unconcerned with it's negative impact upon either your desire to continue cruising with the Company or the perceived willingness of the Company to go the extra mile for it's clients;

c) hardly accords with the Company's declared intention to expand International sales.

Therefore, you are again writing to him, and await the courtesy of a personal response to your latest letter.

Edited by English Voyager

Since he didn't even bother to acknowledge my first email personally, I don't think he cares too much.

By now I'm not sure I would sail with them again even if they re-instated the credit.

I really wish they had never offered the credit in the first place. Trying to get the money back through travel insurance would have been a hassle and not certain but at least we could have tried. 5000 Euro is not exactly small change.