Step Stool?

Jennilee17

I don't know if various cruise lines offer step stools or not. I would rather be prepped in case they don't than hope they do. We are going to pack a foldable step stool for our kids to use on our upcoming HAL Alaskan cruise. This is the one we are looking at getting or something similar: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GJ0XTO8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=UUTCVDHVBZIU&coliid=I12FO5A8ZA8JNN

It should be easy to throw in the bottom of a suitcase along with our foldable potty seat. I assume we will need the stool for the hotel rooms before and after our cruise too. My thought is better safe than sorry on anything involving the toilet.

I have two young kids that use a step stool to get on and off the toilet and to wash hands etc.. Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean offers step stools in the rooms?:)

If you call the disability/access department they will probably know if stools are available onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My parents got us a folding plastic step stool that folds pretty compact and would go unnoticed in a bag. It holds my weight when I sit with my oldest at potty time and I'm 215 or so. Might be your best bet. Looks just like the Amazon link above.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a foldable one as well. It's actually a great step stool for any type of travel - it's easy to throw in the car on a road trip, too. The fold is extremely compact. At home, I use it in my bedroom closet, since I can leave it folded when not in use to save space. Am planning to take this along with our oxo foldable potty seat (another great travel tool!). I'd say, bring what you need so you're certain to have it.

Our kids are finally past the age of needing a step stool. We've taken them on a dozen + cruises and never thought to bring one, but this thread is making me wonder how we survived without one, lol. Trying to remember, but I guess we just lifted them up to reach the sink on all those trips. Cruise ship bathrooms are usually so small that I wonder if having a step stool in the way would be more trouble than it's worth. I guess if it was folded up between uses...

• 4 weeks later...

Never brought one because the bathroom doors are too heavy and difficult for our kids to open.

If they are in the bathroom, that means we are there too, so we just lift them onto the commode.

Don't know the age of your kiddos, but that is something to consider. Cruise ship door knobs are unlike any on land.

I don't know if various cruise lines offer step stools or not. I would rather be prepped in case they don't than hope they do. We are going to pack a foldable step stool for our kids to use on our upcoming HAL Alaskan cruise. This is the one we are looking at getting or something similar: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GJ0XTO8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=UUTCVDHVBZIU&coliid=I12FO5A8ZA8JNN

It should be easy to throw in the bottom of a suitcase along with our foldable potty seat. I assume we will need the stool for the hotel rooms before and after our cruise too. My thought is better safe than sorry on anything involving the toilet.

This is the exact one I recently purchased for our last month (March) Harmony cruise. It worked great and he did need it for the toilet and the sink...light and easily folded flat into our toddler (3 year old) grandsons luggage...and easily folded flat and sat it next to the toilet in the cabin's bathroom...completely out of the way until needed.... I now keep it at my house. It's a great stool !!!

We also brought along his potty ring that just sits on top of the regular toilet...it fit great on the cabins toilet...we even took it in his backpack when we left the ship to go into port...he was much more comfortable having his own rather than trying to hold him up on a strange public toilet. Then we would clean it in the shower upon return to the ship.

Edited by Ashland

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep the information all in one handy place, we asked for a stepstool on our NCL cruise because of our 3-year old and they brought one like it was a common request.