Miami Hotel with a shuttle

kattlinx13

Hello everyone. I am looking for advice. We are going on a 3 night cruise on a Friday night out of Miami. We are flying in on Thursday eve to avoid craziness Friday morning. Can anyone recommend a decent reasonable hotel that does have a shuttle from the airport and also to the port. I'm willing to pay for the shuttle. I have never been to Miami so I have noooo idea what area to pick to hang in the night before. We are a couple in our late 30's. I don't want a hotel that is going to cost me $50 in transfers cruise morning. We found a hotel by the airport for $110 which is around what I want to spend...with free shuttle but the reviews said you can't walk around the neighborhood at night. Lol. I want to be able to make it on the ship the next day. Any input is greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you.

It all depends on how tight your hotel budget is. If you want a place to hang out Thursday night and an easy drive to the port to try to find something in the Downtown Miami area or Brickell area. You will have a good area to stay in, and then be able to have a very quick and cheap Uber ride to the port from there. The Port is right next to/in Downtown Miami.

The airport hotels that offer a shuttle (usually only one-way to the port) are what they are, airport hotels. The area around the airport, as with most cities, is not a nice walkable area, and not that far from the area there are some un-safe areas. No matter where you stay by the airport you will be near the airport, which means a place to spend the night, maybe a restaurant in the hotel if its a larger one, and nothing else.

Downtown Miami gives you a lot of options for things to do and a very easy and cheap ride to the port. An Uber from most Downtown hotels won't cost more than $7.00

This might help you in deciding.It,s a map of all the hotels close to and by the POM. you can pick what you would like IE: Shuttle,breakfast ect. and it will bring up the hotels with those options. Hope it helps!:D

https://mapov.com/hotels/The%20Port%20of%20Miami/?ppc=111&ch=adwords&gclid=CJCtmee33tECFQiBswodyAgG1Q&ad=2017-05-14&dd=2017-05-15&pmn=null&pmx=null&smn=null&smx=null&tmn=null&tmx=null&pp=1&pt=25.792782908155996%2C-80.23422324809559&z=13

• 3 weeks later...

You don't mention date, so it's hard to say what you are able to get at that rate. You should not try to save a whole lot, as there are some scary neighborhoods.

If you have a lot of time at arrival, staying downtown/Brickell would give you things in walking distance.

LA Quinta East is one airport located spot popular with cruisers looking for lower costs. The Blue Lagoon chains offer nicer airport chains.

What hotel are you booked at? :confused:

LQ East and a few other budget motels near the MIA airport offer both airport and port shuttles, but are fairly isolated -- if you are fine with delivery pizza or Chinese it will be okay for one short night. Dinner at the next door Embassy Suites will likely cost about what your LQ East room rate is. :o

As suggested above, hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA are in a nicer area and there is a local strip mall with grocery, liquor and drug stores, as well as fast food and dining options. The strip mall is across the street from the Hampton Inn and a short walk from other hotels.

After Easter and Spring break, so Miami hotel prices should be reasonable, but not sure you'll find anything for your $110 budget. Downtown hotels will be about a $15 Uber ride from MIA -- another quick Uber (under $10) will get you to the port the next day. Lots of local dining and shopping options downtown.

Try the Coral Gables area hotels near Miracle Mile. It is a walking neighborhood.

If higher budget, can try Coconut Grove area. Both still a reasonable ride to the port.

Of course the very closest ride it is still DOwn Town Area hotels.

Cheers.