Port of Galveston Parking

dawnb72413

Has anyone used the Port of Galveston Parking? How was the traffic, shuttle service, etc? I know everyone recommends Park & Cruise, but I'm in a wheelchair & I don't think my husband could get all our luggage across the street in one trip. I know we could drop our luggage off first, but I've read that the traffic in front of the terminal is insane. So I thought one of the other lots with shuttle service would be better, but the Port of Galveston Parking is the only one I've found with a wheelchair lift equipped shuttle. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by dawnb72413

We have always used the Port of Galveston parking because as a disabled veteran, we get free parking. It's been several years, but we always tried to arrive early and drop off luggage and everyone in our party at the terminal. They told me which lot to park in, since they have more than one; and after parking, I took the shuttle and met up with the rest of my party before entering the terminal. If I remember correctly, the shuttle to the terminal is just a people shuttle, no place for luggage and returning to the parking lot, that shuttle has a luggage rack inside as well as seats. I don't remember ever seeing a wheelchair lift, but like I said it's been a while, so I can't say for sure. I found the shuttle service to be pretty efficient, never had to wait an excessively long time to be taken to the terminal.

Have you tried calling them to discuss your particular situation? Maybe they can give you more information than you can get from their website.

We always use Lighthouse Parking. You can go on line and prepay and get a discount. They are very reliable and close to the terminal. Have never had to wait on a van upon disembarking they are there waiting on you. They pick up and drop off at your car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Has anyone used the Port of Galveston Parking? How was the traffic, shuttle service, etc? I know everyone recommends Park & Cruise, but I'm in a wheelchair & I don't think my husband could get all our luggage across the street in one trip. I know we could drop our luggage off first, but I've read that the traffic in front of the terminal is insane. So I thought one of the other lots with shuttle service would be better, but the Port of Galveston Parking is the only one I've found with a wheelchair lift-equipped shuttle. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

In looking at parking lots yesterday, I ran across one called Port Parking which apparently has accessible shuttles, according to their FAQs:

Can you accommodate wheelchairs?Yes, we have a wheelchair accessible ramp and wheelchair lifts in our shuttles.

It's farther from the terminals than some of the others, but I am impressed because it looks like it has larger indoor parking spaces than some of the others...at least by what I can see in pictures. In some of the pictures I have seen of Park N Cruise and VIP Indoor parking (on Yelp, etc) the spaces look pretty tight. If hubs decides uncovered parking is ok, we'll probably just pay for parking at the Harbor House, since we are staying there the night before...only $10/day and we can easily walk to the terminal.