Solo cabins with balcony?

SingleWithEase40s

Ive been on 3 cruises as a single person, with the 3rd being NCL Epic and got an inside solo cabin. I loved the idea of my own room, but it's been about 7 years since that (or any) cruise and I'm looking to book a Caribbean cruise for this year. I've read that solo cabins with balcony do exist, but are rare. Now I can't find this elusive creature. Does anyone have any knowledge about these? Thanks! :cool:

I do a solo trip annually and when I cruise solo I prefer a balcony. Last year I sailed in an aft on the divina and paying 200% was still way cheaper than inside solos. Quantum class on rcl have 6 balcony solo cabins. Great mid ship location and extra large balcony. I have one booked for spring break this year. Here is a video of the one I have booked (this video isn't mine):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quantum class on rcl have 6 balcony solo cabins. [/url]

They actually have 12. six on deck 6 and six on deck 7.

The 4 xx48 with the largest balconies go pretty quick and usually best pricing is when the schedule is released. March 6 is when Caribbean cruises will be out for Royal, great time to get the best selection at the lowest pricing

It looks like it's category SB (Super Studio Ocean View Balcony) on the Quantum Class which is the Athem of the Seas for Caribbean sailings. It's small @ 119 sq ft with a 55 sq ft balcony. There aren't many of them and they can accommodate up to 2 passengers; but RCI will sell them as a solo at a favorable rate. I would say if you want one of these cabins just call RCI reservations and request category SB Balcony solo occupancy and find out what sailings they have available. If you find a sailing date that works for you - I'd book it ASAP.

Yes, of course - sorry- 12 total :(. I forget about deck 6 since its obstructed views. I'll take pictures in a few weeks :). Anthem isn't the cheapest ship sailing and I believe I paid slightly more for this solo balcony on anthem than I did in an aft facing extended balcony on divina (paying 200%} so be sure to double check pricing. Cabin looks plenty big for just me and the extended balcony allows for my hammock :).

Harmony has some interesting ocean view cabins with floor to ceiling windows. It's nice we are finally getting some choices for solos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also you should know that NCL often has sailings that has no single supplement. So balcony rooms can be cheap. For the past few years I have only been sailing with NCL because to me their prices are unbeatable for solos.

Here is an example. My last cruise was $749 for guaranteed balcony for 13 day cruise, not including taxes and fees. It was round trip from NY, January 2nd 2017.

I find cheap prices like that on NCL all the time. Before that I used to cruise with Carnival but they stopped being nice to solos and started charging 200%, meaning double.

I recently booked one of the SB solo balcony cabins on Anthem of the Seas, but with a guarantee. I figured the worst case scenario, I end up with one of the obstructed view cabins on Deck 6.

It was about $800.

They ended up bumping me up to a regular balcony, category DO, so I have a full size cabin with the same obstructed view.

I'm more than pleased.

Yes, of course - sorry- 12 total :(. I forget about deck 6 since its obstructed views. I'll take pictures in a few weeks :). Anthem isn't the cheapest ship sailing and I believe I paid slightly more for this solo balcony on anthem than I did in an aft facing extended balcony on divina (paying 200%} so be sure to double check pricing. Cabin looks plenty big for just me and the extended balcony allows for my hammock :). Harmony has some interesting ocean view cabins with floor to ceiling windows. It's nice we are finally getting some choices for solos.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The studio balcony cabins on both decks 6 & 7 on Anthem do not have obstructed views. There are obstructed view balcony cabins on deck 6 on Anthem but they are not the studio balcony cabins.

The studio balcony cabins on both decks 6 & 7 on Anthem do not have obstructed views. There are obstructed view balcony cabins on deck 6 on Anthem but they are not the studio balcony cabins.
Correction...the starboard side SB cabins do not have obstructed view.