Table for Two at Giovanni's

mxylpic

Want to book Giovanni's Table for our upcoming Southern on Adventure. Noticed it said they will "do their best" to provide a private table. In reality, can I expect a Table for Two for just me and DW?

I'd wait to book until you are onboard, and then make the reservation contingent on getting your desired table.

We've been to Giovanni's twice for dinner, both booked online ahead of time and we've always been given a table for 2. They will not seat you with anyone else unless they are part of your reservation. When they say "family style", they do not mean seating, they mean serving as in sides are big enough to be shared. Not sure why it would ever be an issue. They never have every table full as the kitchen can't handle a full restaurant. The fullest I've seen it is about 1/2 full.

Worst case is the two of you would be seated at a 4 top, but not with anyone else.

Edited by BND

I also agree with the other posters, I have never seen table sharing at any specialty restaurant. We were not even given the option. To the OP, who told you they would do their best to get a table for two? I know they say that in the MDR.

Maybe it happens, but I've never heard of sharing a table with strangers at any specialty dining restaurant.......:confused:

We have dined at specialty rests. many, many times on many different ships and have never had to share a table...as mentioned by another poster, it was never even mentioned as an option. :)

Maybe it happens, but I've never heard of sharing a table with strangers at any specialty dining restaurant.......:confused:

Ditto. I would find that unacceptable, as would most people, I imagine. Having to involuntarily share a table seems like defeating part of the purpose of paying for specialty dining.