Colosseum Tickets

Is there a site where we can pre-purchase tickets to the Colosseum that is not connected to a tour or travel site? What I mean by that is that the cost to visit the Colosseum is under 10 Euro I believe, but all the online sites I have looked at charge at minimum 15 to 20 Euro. Is there a site that just charges what the Colosseum charges and that we can pre-order our tickets?

Not that I am aware of.

I think the price of a combined Colosseum ticket is now 12 euros. The best site I have found for this is here. they charge 1.50 euros extra per ticket as a service charge for pre-booking. If there are any cheaper outlets out there, I would like to know too. :)

http://www.ticketclic.it/gb/index.cfm

The Colosseum/Forum/Palatine ticket is currently 12 euros. Depending on how much time you are spending in Rome and the other sites you are going to see, and if you plan on using busses and the metro, you may want to look at the Roma card. Its 23 euros this year. With the Roma Pass you can bypass the ticket line but not the security line.

We purchased our tickets at the Palatine Hill, with no line whatsover, and then bypassed the huge line at the Colosseum itself. (It's a combined ticket.)

I owe this huge time-saving suggestion to Rick Steves' Rome guidebook.

Not that I am aware of.

I think the price of a combined Colosseum ticket is now 12 euros. The best site I have found for this is here. they charge 1.50 euros extra per ticket as a service charge for pre-booking. If there are any cheaper outlets out there, I would like to know too. :)

I just checked out this site and notices that they have special rates for teachers.:):) Does anyone know how common this is, and how one goes about claiming these special rates?

From the metro station (Colosseum), how does one get to the Palatine Hill ticket location? If you have directions, that would be most helpful, and if anyone else is doing this on the same day as us, just note that the ticket office at the Palatine Hill will be closed on that day, and only on that day we are there!!!icon12.gif

Not that I am aware of.

Thank you very much for posting this site, I did not know that I can pre buy my tickets and not have to wait in line. More time to see more sites:D

From the metro station (Colosseum), how does one get to the Palatine Hill ticket location? If you have directions, that would be most helpful, and if anyone else is doing this on the same day as us, just note that the ticket office at the Palatine Hill will be closed on that day, and only on that day we are there!!!icon12.gif

To quote from Rick Steves' Rome guidebook, 2009 edition: "The entrance is on Via di San Gregorio (facing the Forum with the Colosseum at your back, it's down the street to your left)."

An 11 Euro combo-ticket includes the Roman Forum and the Colosseum, tickets valid for two days - one entry per site.

Archived