Balcony with lounge chair on Breakaway

brikee

Whenever we cruise, I always enjoyed having a lounge chair out on the balcony.

I'm planning to book a balcony room for my family (hubby, and 1 infant who will be turning one years old on the ship) on Breakaway mid-January. Previously we have been on Royal and Celebrity. Originally we wanted to try Royal Quantam but the price was too high. So my husband believes it is a step down for him to try NCL.

Any recommendations on what room to book for a family of 3, including baby?

Lounger and more room; I would say Mini Suite so try a M6 Large Balcony.

2013-NCL-BREAKAWAY-10220.jpg

Credit: Heinbloed

The M6 balconies are right above the large sun hull art. Request a lounger from your room steward to enjoy the larger balcony. Don't book a regular balcony as they are really small (think the size of the surface of a lounger..).

I'm planning to book a balcony room for my family (hubby, and 1 infant who will be turning one years old on the ship) on Breakaway mid-January. Previously we have been on Royal and Celebrity. Originally we wanted to try Royal Quantam but the price was too high. So my husband believes it is a step down for him to try NCL.

Definitely NOT a regular balcony ... which is much smaller than your *average* balconies on almost ALL other ships (incl. NCL & other cruise lines). The Breakaway *standard* balconies *barely* fit 2 upright chairs ... and your knees may still be touching the glass ;)

However ... as the OP mentioned ... take a look at the M6 and AFT balconies ... you should be able to fit a lounger there :)

So my husband believes it is a step down for him to try NCL.

I hope you take this the way that it is meant, but if anyone carries that sort of belief onto a ship, there is a fair chance that they will get what they are expecting, whatever the reality is.

I'd try to find a way of getting him to feel more positive before you set off.

I hope you take this the way that it is meant, but if anyone carries that sort of belief onto a ship, there is a fair chance that they will get what they are expecting, whatever the reality is.

+1, so true! :)

+1, so true!

Ditto ... :)

I actually prefer NCL ... DH prefers RCCL ... but we agree that BOTH have lots of different things to offer ... and it's a GOOD thing ... or else we'd ALL be on the SAME ships ;)

Ditto ... :)

I actually prefer NCL ... DH prefers RCCL ... but we agree that BOTH have lots of different things to offer ... and it's a GOOD thing ... or else we'd ALL be on the SAME ships ;)

Thanks all for the suggestions! Will definitely be leaning towards an M6 then.

I'm keeping an open mind and trying to share the good qualities of the ship to help change his mindset. It looks like a good ship overall.

Very nice! What category is this room?

I'm not quite sure ... since I didn't post the pic ... but it looks like it's in the AFT.

But the OP who posted that pic ... also posted some other info about Breakaway ... with pics and even a cabin spreadsheet with info broken down by category, interior sizes, location, balcony sizes, etc...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43096855&postcount=2

Edited by chiapet

We sail in 21 days and there are at least 15 aft balconies left. Is that normal?

I thought they were highly prized rooms that people book loooooong in advance.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

We sail in 21 days and there are at least 15 aft balconies left. Is that normal?

I thought they were highly prized rooms that people book loooooong in advance.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

How can u tell there are 15 left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A large balcony cabin, mini-suite with large balcony, or an aft-facing balcony should all suit your wish to have a lounge chair on the balcony. There are also a few "angled" balconies, which can support a lounge chair, albeit that would probably be a bit more crowded than your liking.

If you really want to show that it is not a step-down, give the Haven a try. :)

Did a fake booking on ncl.com. And yes, the H6's are all gone.

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I understand that but how you tell 15 cabins are left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ba/ga h6 9316

ETA; Weird. Lost my caps.

Over $13k for 3 people, a little bit high for us at the moment. That's twice the cost of M6. Will keep an eye and see if it might drop. All of that space would be great for my little one.

Try MX cabins 8114 or 8714. Similar if not identical to the M6 but cheaper for some reason

Probably because these cabins are really forward ... more wind, more noise, more movement, more walking ;)

Also look at cat. BX cabins (next to MX) ... 8110, 8112, 8710, 8712 ... these are the same size interior as the BA-BF cabins ... with a balcony about the same size as the M6-MX ... but the balconies are just set back a little :)