Live from Conquest 2/6/16-2/14/16

NoDayButToday

Hi everyone!

We are heading out on the Conquest out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) later today. If anyone has any questions while we are on the ship I would be happy to try and get the answers for you. We are doing the St Martin, St Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk itinerary.

Just read some disturbing news on facebook from Greg Aulden the acoustic guitar player/singer who was scheduled to be on the Conquest starting today. He received an email from Carnival LAST NIGHT at 7:30 stating that his medical was not acceptable for him to start his contract. He had already arrived in Ft.Lauderdale from N.J. yesterday and was packed and ready to go. What a bummer for him and all those who would have really enjoyed his performances. And shame on Carnival for not making him aware that there was a problem earlier!!

Hi everyone!

We are heading out on the Conquest out of Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) later today. If anyone has any questions while we are on the ship I would be happy to try and get the answers for you. We are doing the St Martin, St Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk itinerary.

Enjoy your cruise. We sailed on the the Conquest last May great ship and great crew. We had the same itinerary.

Have a great cruise! Can you please report back on the status of the onboard shops? We've been reading that they were recently closed to switch vendors and we are curious if they are back open yet. We are on the 2/14 sailing and my wife will be bummed if the shops are still closed.

I can see the Conquest docked on PTZtv. I live in Florida. Today is really nice compared to the other days we have been experiencing. Tomorrow will be rotten. Can you please tell me how the Conquest does in high sea? Thanks, have a wonderful trip.

I was on Conquest on the same 8 day itinerary last November. It was a great cruise. Guy's Burgers, the Blue Iguana Cantina, the steakhouse and the Alchemy Bar are all great. The American Table menu in the MDR is very good too.

Have a great time on the cruise!:cool:

Edited by JohnSpo

Just read some disturbing news on facebook from Greg Aulden the acoustic guitar player/singer who was scheduled to be on the Conquest starting today. He received an email from Carnival LAST NIGHT at 7:30 stating that his medical was not acceptable for him to start his contract. He had already arrived in Ft.Lauderdale from N.J. yesterday and was packed and ready to go. What a bummer for him and all those who would have really enjoyed his performances. And shame on Carnival for not making him aware that there was a problem earlier!!

Greg Aulden is a fabulous musician! I cannot believe he's not going to be on the ship and can't believe that he was told less than 24 hours before he was supposed to board! What's up Carnival??

Please let us know who they replaced him with?

We took a 10am shuttle from our hotel (Cambria Suites), which got stuck in a HUGE traffic jam around Oasis of the Seas. I don't know if this is typical. We had FTTF, and got to the Carnival part of the port around 11:15, got through check in by 11:35 or so, to a packed waiting area. They started boarding around noon, but had technical difficulties and had to pause. We were on the ship and in our room by about 12:50. Not the best embarkation, but not a total disaster.

The shops appear to be opening on this cruise, there are shop times posted in the fun times, but will let you know when I can tell what is actually there yet.

Greg is still listed in the fun times, so I hope they worked it out for him. Will let you know if I see differently.

When we got on board there was a Caribbean music duo with a steel drum up by the big screen by the main pool. It really felt like a cruise again and I was thrilled to see it.

We will be scuba diving in St Kitts with an external company, Dive St Kitts. I can update later with what the non-divers find since they don't have anything planned for themselves yet in that port.

Thanks everyone, waiting for muster drill. 20 minutes after posted starting time....about 20 people in our station. Some things don't change....

Just watched you sail Away. May God be with you and have a wonderful trip. The weather is already changing here in Florida. Looked kind of grey when you left but the further south you sail the nicer the weather. Enjoy, looking forward to your review.

Muster drill was moved to 4, and we were already moving by the time we were released (sorry I didn't check the time). They did let us congregate in the lounges for awhile and then had us go to the muster stations. I thought it was better that way, less waiting on stragglers to get there in the warm air.

I'm sorry to say that Greg was not listed in tomorrow's fun times. He appears to have been replaced by a guitar player named Lisa.

The shops are open again. One side has the standard cruise wear, Carnival gear, liquor and cigarettes. The other side appears to be the nicer items. We did not wander in there because the liquor tasting was making it crowded but looking in there didn't seem to be much difference from before. Still watches, jewelry, cosmetics, etc.