Snorkeling at Carambola Beach Club?

goeva

A lot of people snorkel at the opposite end of South Friar's near Shipwreck.

Thanks, Paul.

Looks like 10 minutes walk from Carambola.

Does anyone know how much Shipwreck charge for chair and umbrella? How's their food and drink?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by goeva

The excursion I'm interested in will stop at Carambola Beach Club for an hour or so. Just wondering if there is a good snorkeling spot.

Thanks!

Book well in advance on line, and pay on arrival. But if on a tour, lucky to find a bed vacant.

Snorkelling is not great, poor at best.

Book well in advance on line, and pay on arrival. But if on a tour, lucky to find a bed vacant.

Snorkelling is not great, poor at best.

Thanks, Port Royal.

Just checked out Shipwreck. Great reviews on TripAdvisor, snorkeling looks okay but the place looks really run down. I guess we'll just chill at Carambola and enjoy the view or skip the beach and go shopping. I found out there is a La Casa Del Habano at the port shopping area. Happy! Happy! :D

Does anyone know how much Shipwreck charge for chair and umbrella? How's their food and drink?

Thanks!

Don't bother their so called loungers were falling apart and not worth their $20 charge

Go to carambola, luxury loungers with thick padded cushions - US$30 for 2 sun lounger and umbrella.

Book ahead otherwise you will get your sun loungers in the tent - www.carambolabeachclub.com

Next to South Friars Carambola beach Club is a small lagoon, excellent snorkelling renown for Stingrays.

Looks like I'll bring our snorkel gear after all. Thanks, Mickey! :D

The lagoon, is it on the right side of Carambola if facing the beach?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't bother their so called loungers were falling apart and not worth their $20 charge

Go to carambola, luxury loungers with thick padded cushions - US$30 for 2 sun lounger and umbrella.

Book ahead otherwise you will get your sun loungers in the tent - www.carambolabeachclub.com

Well do in a couple months. They only take reservation up to 6 months in advance. We cruise in December. Thanks! (y)

Edited by goeva

What?!? Shipwreck is charging for loungers now? :eek: We were there in September 2015 and the loungers were free then. As soon as our taxi driver dropped us off, the gal at the entrance told us where the snorkeling and swimming sides were, pointed out the restaurant/bar, the steps leading to the beach and also where to rent snorkel gear. We asked how to rent loungers and she just said "use of the loungers is free". They never asked or told us we had to make a purchase (lunch/drinks), but I've seen others mention that here. Wondering if too many people were using the loungers but not getting something to eat/drink? DH and I had 3 beers each throughout our day there. We actually enjoyed and we'd return, but I will say that Shipwreck is not for everyone.

Mikey89,

Do I need to reserve at Carambola if our ship will be the only one in port that day? I hopped on their website to check out the reservations. What special request notes do you suggest to optimize our experience there?

Thanks!

Mikey89,

Do I need to reserve at Carambola if our ship will be the only one in port that day? I hopped on their website to check out the reservations. What special request notes do you suggest to optimize our experience there?

Thanks!

We always make a reservation in advance thru their website and pay on the day. They only have about 30 umbrella , that's why we book otherwise you will have to use the large tents for shade. Don't be tempted to goto the Marriott, so much seaweed earlier this month