Not for me

You said you spent £5000 on this cruise. That would get you at least a balcony cabin on a two week cruise on (how can I put this?) a different cruiseline which may be more to your taste

You said you spent £5000 on this cruise. That would get you at least a balcony cabin on a two week cruise on (how can I put this?) a different cruiseline which may be more to your taste

sorry but it's just not my sort of holiday....however it's dressed up...I week I could just about bear , but a fortnight started to send me up the wall...:)

Whilst i don't agree with all of Keiths post i can sympathise , had our Cruise in January onboard the Dream been our first cruise it would have been our last ...... my days of cruising with Thomsons are over , i can get more for my money elsewhere and before i get oh the staff and entertainment are great ... they aren't any different from any other cruise i've been on , in fact nowhere near the standard of my first Thomson Cruise 5 years ago .... couldn't wait to get off the ship after 7 days , thankfully the land-based part of the holiday stopped our 25th Anniversary holiday been a complete letdown.

Still some folk love the ship , so whatever floats your boat so to speak ....

Edited by Iain1873

I wonder if thomson cruises are letting their product ebb away a little now??

now that they have glitzy new ships coming on the horizon

I wonder if they may be paving the way for loads of new changes (new product)? ... they must be full of 'ideas';) over at thoms towers... you know how they like to run with them rather than think them out:rolleyes:

I wonder if thomson cruises are letting their product ebb away a little now??

now that they have glitzy new ships coming on the horizon

I wonder if they may be paving the way for loads of new changes (new product)? ... they must be full of 'ideas';) over at thoms towers... you know how they like to run with them rather than think them out:rolleyes:

Trouble is, they are not glitzy nor are they new. They, like the Majesty, are old second hand rust buckets. Only we Brits would pay a premium price for a second rate product. This particular Brit will not be sailing with them again.

Hi Keith,

hope you enjoy your next holiday in Greece and it's more to your liking for you and your Mrs when you go there .

Holidays are many things to different people, be it on a cruise ship ,sat on a beach gazing out to sea or sat in the middle of knowhere in Derbyshire moors ,

bungee jumping in the Amazon ,you name it people do it ,all ages and all walks of life .

The most important thing is that the person or persons enjoy doing it and the things we come accross are to our taste or at least some of it is ,if your in a group holiday such as cruising .

I do'nt like Bingo but whats ten minutes or so out of my life/holiday ? So I give them players respect and sit silent so they can play ...

(a bit of give and take) , hoping they do the same when the Show/group is on .

As posted some think you may have enjoyed the group Strum Jam ?

Who knows maybe you would have liked the group Top Men ?

Wether you liked either or non ..I'ts your choice and nothing wrong with that as we all make the same choices .

On a lighter note I see you would like a few people when it comes to music who are ermm ... not around sixty:rolleyes: .

Good news I found you a group Keith :) and the drummers awsome (Well they all are really ):) Hope you enjoy :cool:

Ladies and Gents ..Lets hear it for the ...

Have a happy holiday to you all !:):D

Edited by kalos

Got to agree about the music. We're in our early 40s and like most music but the dream seemed to cater for those much older. Bingo in medusa, not for us so move next door only to find ballroom dancing, move again and its old time music on the piano. Even the nightclub just wanted to play hits of the 80s until we requested something from the charts and then guess what, people got up to dance. This must be frowned upon as the dj quickly got out his now that's what I call music 4 and we all sat down again.

As the Middle Ages poet John Lydgate wrote :

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time"

A certainty, like death and taxes !!!

Come on Keith admit it really you are suffering from post holiday blues. Almost ashamed to admit that we are cruising with thomson again in November as a direct result of me becoming 60 (Nooooo!!!!) I must admit I like the odd bit of nostalga music wise but not all the time. I love a bit of Olly, Will Young and Rhianna too. But you need a good mix along the way I have personally just got back from wonderful Benidorm on Sunday and am suffering a little bit of post holiday blues too. I am all Beni'd up with tribute bands etc but boy did we have a laugh, thats what holidays are all about. By the way are you related to my husband because he loves a good moan too. Seriously though hope your wife enjoyed it and have a great time in Greece (Lovely people)

By the way are you related to my husband because he loves a good moan too.

It's a male middle aged affliction - mind you, some have it much worse than others though. :)

As for contemporary musical tastes - why is it taking so long for Hank Williams to come and tour ?

Anyone who spends £5000 on a Thomson cruise wants their head examined. 5 grand buys you a good cruise in a MODERN ship with a balcony! Just my opinion.

I was thinking along those lines. We quite like cruising with Thomson, but one of the main reasons we do is because they are good value. There's absolutely no way we'd pay £5k for two of us for 2 weeks as the product certainly isn't worth it.

If a cruise was coming up at that price (especially a Med one) we'd look at another itinerary or another line!

you know how they like to run with them rather than think them out:rolleyes:

Haha, so true geomagot. Maybe we all really like paying to be guinea pigs? :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised Thomson last year for the first time. On Thomson Majesty we did 7 Nights cruise from our home port of Malaga. In the past it's mainly been RCI,Celebrity and NCL.

What we got on Thomsons was a very reasonably priced weeks cruise (less than£500pp) with a drinks package included on a clean comfortable ship from our home port. No it wasn't Oasis of the Seas or Celebrity Eclipse but it did represent good value for money. So much so today I have booked a similar cruise on Thomson Spirit from Malaga for October 2016. We will still be booking Celebrity etc but Thomson offer us good value for money and yes we are old and retired but not everybody on board Thomsons was.

2Intense are leaving to go back the the Philipines for a while as it's Maris' daughter's 18th birthday very soon. I am sure they will return to a Thomson ship in the future!

Wish they were on Spirit. We saw them on the Celebration,they are amazing, Maris has an amazing voice