Panoramic Oceanview cabins

slyster

Hoping to get some feedback on these cabins. I wasn't able to find much in my search on these boards.

I'm thinking of booking one of the oceanview panoramic cabins. From I have read, the window is from the ceiling to the floor....can anyone confirm that?

I see that most of these cabins are available on a particular cruise...on the 7th and 8th deck. I like the location because it's mid ship, but I am not sure if choosing one deck over the other would make a difference. I noticed the pool is right above on the 9th deck so I'm not sure if the 7th deck may be better or going with the 8th deck because it's so accessible to a lot going on with the pool, windjammer, etc. I think my concern would be noise. As you can see, I'm really not sure LOL! Hoping others can give their opinion over one deck or the other.

I'm hoping some of you can help out. I also read in a thread that the ship now has a hump? Can anyone confirm or explain that? I don't see it on the deck plans. I can't remember where I saw that though.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by slyster

Hoping to get some feedback on these cabins. I wasn't able to find much in my search on these boards.

I'm thinking of booking one of the oceanview panoramic cabins. From I have read, the window is from the ceiling to the floor....can anyone confirm that?

I see that most of these cabins are available on a particular cruise...on the 7th and 8th deck. I like the location because it's mid ship, but I am not sure if choosing one deck over the other would make a difference. I noticed the pool is right above on the 9th deck so I'm not sure if the 7th deck may be better or going with the 8th deck because it's so accessible to a lot going on with the pool, windjammer, etc. I think my concern would be noise. As you can see, I'm really not sure LOL! Hoping others can give their opinion over one deck or the other.

I'm hoping some of you can help out. I also read in a thread that the ship now has a hump? Can anyone confirm or explain that? I don't see it on the deck plans. I can't remember where I saw that though.

Thanks in advance!

This is from stateroom 8539:

Cabin8539Window.jpg

Wow! That's a perfect picture and exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't find any pictures of this cabin and I noticed the stateroom descriptions don't include square footage either.

Does anyone have those specs?

Hoping to hear from others :-)

Spoke to RCCL today as we've put one of these cabins on hold for 2014. The room is 193sq ft and the window is 7ft by 7ft :). They don't have any official pictures yet so its good to see what it looks like. We also found another picture by the same person who took the one above, showing a bit more of the room.

Cabin8539.jpg

Hope that helps.

Oh that's great. Nice picture. We have always reserved a balcony but with our budget being tighter I thought the panoramic ocean view cabins sounded interesting.

Is there a wall separating the cabins from elevator and stairwell? Last thing...I can't remember where I read this but I heard there was a hump on grandeur since the enhancements. Is this true?

Thanks for the room specs :)

Well, i finally found out I saw the info about the oceanview cabins being on a hump?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1695853&highlight=grandeur+oceanview+cabins

this thread refers to them being on a hump. Is that true? Any sight? It' referred to in the first post.

Edited by slyster

Oh that's great. Nice picture. We have always reserved a balcony but with our budget being tighter I thought the panoramic ocean view cabins sounded interesting.

Is there a wall separating the cabins from elevator and stairwell? Last thing...I can't remember where I read this but I heard there was a hump on grandeur since the enhancements. Is this true?

Thanks for the room specs :)

I've not been on Grandeur, but we have been on Rhapsody post her update. They did indeed install a wall between the new staterooms and the centrum.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't believe so unless they were included in the upgrades/refurbishment. You could call and ask though.

I'm kind of glad you bumped it up. Kind of surprising no others have stayed in this cabin?

I just called and switched from our aft balcony on Jan 13 to Cat F on Feb 3.....C & A coupon, even with my Diamond discount we saved about $1600. We booked 7559 but I may see if I can change to something more forward. The Cat Fs on Deck 8 looked a lot larger on the deck plans, but the agent told me to disregard the deck plans, they were the same size. Don't know whether to believe or not...any opinions? On the RCI website they list all outsides on the Legend as 220 sq feet...I didn't believe it, so I asked her, she said 152. Who knows what to believe?

We switched to 7053, and when I called today I asked the guy if there was a refrigerator in the room and he said no, but he would request one for me and it would be hooked up and waiting when we got there!! Very excited to save so much money by switching dates, and we still won't be in spring break territory, so should be great!

We switched to 7053, and when I called today I asked the guy if there was a refrigerator in the room and he said no, but he would request one for me and it would be hooked up and waiting when we got there!! Very excited to save so much money by switching dates, and we still won't be in spring break territory, so should be great!

Hmmm I'm not one of the experts but I'm not sure you can request a refrigerator unless its for medical reasons? I hope someone else knows for sure. At the very least maybe double check and speak go another representative. I would hate for you to be disappointed.

I'm happy to see these pictures since I just booked a "Panoramic Ocean View" cabin on the Legend and the Grandeur. I booked Deck 8 first and then went with Deck 7 so I wouldn't risk having too much noise overhead! I think Deck 7 is a good location, and the window really looks great in the pictures! Thanks for posting the question and the pictures!

Suzanne:)

With regard to the refrigerator, the representative told me that they do not need to know the reason for the request, some people want them for medical reasons, some to keep their water and wine chilled, that they do not need to know why I want one. He emailed me our reservation with the new cabin number and the refrigerator on it under special requests.

The refrigerator takes up a lot of room so they put in under the desk. Ask the cabin steward to put the chair in the closet. If left by itself, it's hard to get around in the cabin without tripping on the chair.

I'd be wary of any cabins in the center of Grandeur. We were on her in October and experienced the awful smell. When it's there, it's worse by the centrum.

Edited by Kellie Poodle

I love how large the window appears to be. Interestingly we chose the 8th deck since it was closer to the pool and windjammer. A previous poster mentions a wall separating the room hall and elevator/stairs. I'm hoping there is no noise above since there isn't really anything there.

With regard to the refrigerator, the representative told me that they do not need to know the reason for the request, some people want them for medical reasons, some to keep their water and wine chilled, that they do not need to know why I want one. He emailed me our reservation with the new cabin number and the refrigerator on it under special requests.

You may need to follow up on the fridge. We cruised to AK with a friend that was diabetic. He completed a "needs form" that asked for a fridge and a sharps container. They never followed through.

PS--your Rhine river cruise is looking good to me. DH wants to do this.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

I'll double check on it when we are closer. It is in my reservation.

We LOVED our river cruise on the Danube from Budapest to Prague. River cruising is so different from ocean cruising, and we loved it so much that we were afraid we may not enjoy the Vision cruise we took last week, but we did enjoy it. Can't wait for our cruise in April. The river cruising boards here were very helpful to me in my planning.