Pride Sept 15 2005 3 day

bcruiser

I loved this cruise last Sept! It's so relaxing knowing that you don't have to rush to get up and go somewhere each morning. It also seemed to me, that people stayed up later in the evenings in comparison with a port intensive cruise. Honestly, I don't remember any daytime activities, other than the Galley Lunch, which was absolutely fabulous! I guess you can see what I like about cruising! Maybe others will be able to add to this...

As to what to do... there's not much in the way of planned activities. Lots of reading, socializing at the pool bar, tea-time, leisurely meals, low key shows after dinner, and a little gambling in the evening when the ship goes out to sea. One highlight however, is having Theodore Scull along as a narrator for the cruise up the river and through Long Island Sound. He lives in NYC and is an expert on the history and development of the area. I spoke with him at length on our last morning, and learned so much. Wish I had paid more attention to the lectures as we sailed during the day, but I was too busy socializing. Next year, I will listen more closely!

There seemed to be more family groups (not kids) or at least small groups of friends, than you might expect to see on a typical Seabourn cruise.

As to "activities", the 2nd evening is formal night.......then the show in the Magellan Lounge after dinner. Daytime, everyone is up at the Sky Bar enjoying the scenery. Beautiful!!!

Most of us sail with friends.......next Sept. we have many RE-peat Sailors. Some will be together for the 4th year in a row!

This "Gilligan's Island Three Day Tour" is pure magic!!! You will love it!

MB

Archived