Taxi from Dockyard to Clearwater Beach?

rlr120

A lot.

They are on opposite ends of the island 20 something miles apart.

You should think about the ferry to St. George then a much shorter trip to Clearwater.

Yes, a ferry to St. George's and a taxi from there would be the best way. A taxi from the Dockyard could run approx $85 each way. Taking the ferry would be $4.50 plus approx $15 for the taxi from St. Goerge's to Clearwater.

Does anyone know how much a taxi would be from the Dockyard to Clearwater Beach for 4 people?

Thank you in advance!

The taxi fare for 4 passengers from the Dockyard <> Clearwater Beach is about $74 plus tip, each way.

As the PP suggested, the taxi fare for 4 passengers from St George <> Clearwater Beach is about $17 plus tip, each way, and ferry fare (token) $4.50 P/P, each way.

The taxi fare for 4 passengers from Hamilton <> Clearwater Beach is about $40 plus tip, each way, and ferry fare (token) $4.50 P/P, each way.

SBtS

Thank you everyone. I guess we will be doing what I like to call the planes, trains, and automobile trip over to Clearwater. But it this case it will be the ferry, bus and taxi trip.

We take the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus to St George. (because it gets there faster than the 9:30 ferry, plus it's the scenic route) Last year I then took another bus from St George that dropped me about a mile away. This year we will be taking a cab from St George!

That is if the hurricane let's us get there this year.

Thank you everyone. I guess we will be doing what I like to call the planes, trains, and automobile trip over to Clearwater. But it this case it will be the ferry, bus and taxi trip.

We take the ferry to Hamilton and then the bus to St George. (because it gets there faster than the 9:30 ferry, plus it's the scenic route) Last year I then took another bus from St George that dropped me about a mile away. This year we will be taking a cab from St George!

I understand your plan. I'm assuming you'll be doing this on day 2 of your stay. After checking the bus and ferry schedules, the only way I see this as worthwhile is if you take the 7:30AM ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton. Is that the ferry you will take? The bus ride to St George from Hamilton is about 50 minutes.

SBtS

Not sure what you mean by faster. A fast ferry would get you to Hamilton in 20 minutes. Then the bus takes 50 minutes from Hamilton to St. George's. If you take the ferry to Hamilton you will have to walk to the bus station from the ferry terminal. Then catch the next bus. The ferry from the Dockyard takes 45 minutes directly to St. George's. It is probably going to take you about twice as long with your plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I understand your plan. I'm assuming you'll be doing this on day 2 of your stay. After checking the bus and ferry schedules, the only way I see this as worthwhile is if you take the 7:30AM ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton. Is that the ferry you will take? The bus ride to St George from Hamilton is about 50 minutes.

SBtS

You are correct! This will get you there not faster, but earlier than the 9:30 ferry to St George, plus crazy as it may seem, it's actually fun and you get to see a lot! There are not many cruise ship people on the 7:30 ferry. When I'm on vacation I want to see and do everything I can so I am not wasting any time sleeping in when I could be hopping around my favorite island!

Now I just hope we get there! Suppose to be leaving this Sunday.

Edited by rlr120