Getting refund for future cruise booking

cruzinlisa

I know I will have to call on this eventually, but before I do, I was hoping for some assistance from my fellow cruise critic fans. On my Fantasy cruise last year, we did an on board booking for another cruise. Had not picked a date, so just put up the $200 deposit for an open booking. I think they are good for 2 years- right? it looks like Disney has priced us out and I don't see any possible way we are going to use that credit in the near future. I would like to just cancel it and get my money back. Can you just call and cancel it or do you have to wait until the 2 years is up? Do they refund it back to the card you used? I am pretty sure the card we used is paid off and has no balance, so we will end up with a credit and have to get it back from our credit card company- unless Disney would send us a check.

Also, if your original cruise was through a TA and they listed that same TA on the future cruise credit, do you have to go through the TA. I never actually booked this cruise with the TA so I imagine they are not going to be to happy to help with this.

I know I will have to call on this eventually, but before I do, I was hoping for some assistance from my fellow cruise critic fans. On my Fantasy cruise last year, we did an on board booking for another cruise. Had not picked a date, so just put up the $200 deposit for an open booking. I think they are good for 2 years- right? it looks like Disney has priced us out and I don't see any possible way we are going to use that credit in the near future. I would like to just cancel it and get my money back. Can you just call and cancel it or do you have to wait until the 2 years is up? Do they refund it back to the card you used? I am pretty sure the card we used is paid off and has no balance, so we will end up with a credit and have to get it back from our credit card company- unless Disney would send us a check.

Also, if your original cruise was through a TA and they listed that same TA on the future cruise credit, do you have to go through the TA. I never actually booked this cruise with the TA so I imagine they are not going to be to happy to help with this.

You can cancel that booking at any time. If you used a TA to make it (or identified a TA when making the booking) they have to cancel it.

Typically refunds go back to the method of payment.

• 1 month later...

I'm struggling to get a refund right now on a deposit I made almost two years ago. I closed the CC account I used some time ago. You have to right a letter, with a copy of your driving license, stating you closed the account and fax it to (407) 566 3760. Except I can't get though on the fax line. They won't accept scans. They don't have any other fax number :eek:

Bottom line, unless you are 99% sure you will rebook in 2 years, an onboard deposit isn't worth the hassle.