Which Hotel in Venice, Italy

joyriders

joyriders - looks like we are on the same cruise. I used this website to look for a hotel in Venice.

venere.com

Note that the price that is quoted is the price for the entire stay, not per night. We are staying at the Violino d'Oro, but we have never stayed there before. It did have some good reviews on the website.

Come join us on the Roll Call board for the Millennium May 21 roll-call

Millennium - May 21 Roll Call

We were on the Millennium last summer and spent an extra night in Venice post-cruise, staying at Locanda Novecento www.locandanovecento.it). It is a small, boutique hotel with only 9 rooms. It was wonderful -- a beautiful courtyard for morning breakfast, tasteful rooms, and outstanding service. The staff were incredibly helpful in helping us plan our limited time in Venice. I would definitely stay there again.

We stayed two nights pre-cruise in Venice before the Millie back in August...

We used the Celebrity deal to stay at the Carlton Executive...Thought the hotel was very nice...and well located...and it was well worth the price to have Celebrity handle all the difficult logistics for us...

I would not wanted to have to deal with getting from the airport to a hotel to the ship while schlepping all our luggage on our own...it's just not that easy...or inexpensive in Venice...

If doing it on my own, I would still stay in the area near the Piazza Roma and Train Station...If not the Carlton, then at the Sofitel or perhaps the Capri (We stayed at the Capri another previous trip to Venice and enjoyed that as well...and found it convenient)...

The key to the location is that it's very near the only point in Venice that buses, cars or taxis can get to--the Piazza Roma...or trains--at the RR Station...So, getting there from the airport and getting your luggage to the hotel is not hard (of course, on the Celebrity package, they do this for you)...and from there, you can get anywhere easily by Vaporetti...and there are a number of very good and reasonable priced restaurants in the area between the RR Station and the Ghetto...

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

Archived