Quantum On-Line Dining Reservations - Question

Yesterday I completed reservations for 12 nights on the March 1, 2015 cruise using the Cruise Planner. Every reservation showed the Restaurant, date and time as available. So far so good.

When we log in to the cruise reservation today it shows only 5 dinner reservations. So going to the Cruise Planner Calendar it shows all 12 reservations with a green check mark showing purchased. Again, so far so good.

Now at the top of the calendar, there is a message "Online reservations for one or more items in your cart are unavailable at this time, please inquire onboard for last minute availability" but it does not show which reservations are in conflict.

So I called the 866 number on the screen and was told I would be transferred to the Quantum Dining Reservations. What I got was a quick message saying they were closed, an alternative phone number that went by so fast I could not write it down, and then, click - a hang up.

Finally my question - does anyone know how to find out the reservations that are in conflict without fighting with a phone call to Royal??? I would like to correct the conflicts now and not wait until I get on board. I know I have plenty of time before the cruise…

Oh, please no long list of complaints about the web site – there are enough of them. I just want to know how to identify the problem reservations and fix them. Thanks.

Yesterday I completed reservations for 12 nights on the March 1, 2015 cruise using the Cruise Planner. Every reservation showed the Restaurant, date and time as available. So far so good.

When we log in to the cruise reservation today it shows only 5 dinner reservations. So going to the Cruise Planner Calendar it shows all 12 reservations with a green check mark showing purchased. Again, so far so good.

Now at the top of the calendar, there is a message "Online reservations for one or more items in your cart are unavailable at this time, please inquire onboard for last minute availability" but it does not show which reservations are in conflict.

So I called the 866 number on the screen and was told I would be transferred to the Quantum Dining Reservations. What I got was a quick message saying they were closed, an alternative phone number that went by so fast I could not write it down, and then, click - a hang up.

Finally my question - does anyone know how to find out the reservations that are in conflict without fighting with a phone call to Royal??? I would like to correct the conflicts now and not wait until I get on board. I know I have plenty of time before the cruise…

Oh, please no long list of complaints about the web site – there are enough of them. I just want to know how to identify the problem reservations and fix them. Thanks.

I have that message too as do many many other folks, it is a glitch in the system which they cannot at the moment remove.

If all your dining reservations are showing in your Full Calendar with the green purchased tick then you are all set.

I printed mine out as proof.

The small number on the reservation summary page- 5 in your case, 4 in mine - is probably the number of venues booked rather than the total number of reservations. Seems to be the case for myself and others I have discussed this with previously. Our calendars are complete with the total number booked, too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Just another post confirming what others have said. I have the same issue where it doesn't show all the dining but if I click on the calendar it does. I agree with the other poster who stated that it's showing the 'venues' you have booked not necessarily the number of reservations.

I am glad we are not alone in this. We are getting the same message in all 3 of our cruise bookings, and one of them (2016) does not even have the reservations open yet.

I was meaning to call RCCL about this, but if it is a common issue, I can live with seeing it at the top of the page.

Let' hope the SmartShip is smarter than the land based reservations system.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The message has no effect or meaning. IT can't seem to explain what it means. I brought it to the attention of the dynamic dining reps when it first showed up after the last upgrade in July. They asked me to stay out of my account for a while so they could login and take screen grabs of it to send to IT. Nobody in IT ever responded to them and it hasn't created any more issues that didn't already exist or prevent me from checking out for any bookings that weren't already broken before the message.

Coastal Kitchen is exclusively for Junior Suites & above. Maybe it doesn't show up for other stateroom categories.

When not in a suite, it does show up, allows you to begin the reservation by selecting the guests, but, then displays a message:

NO OFFERINGS

There are no offerings for your configuration. Please try a different configuration.

I have that message too as do many many other folks, it is a glitch in the system which they cannot at the moment remove.

If all your dining reservations are showing in your Full Calendar with the green purchased tick then you are all set.

Thanks Elizanessie!!! I figured it had to be something like that considering how the rest of the web site works. :)

PS. I was not a very happy camper when I called and was transferred to a line that had a recorded message saying they are closed and then hung up. And at 1 PM Eastern time.

Oh well, back to counting days. And thanks again.

The small number on the reservation summary page- 5 in your case, 4 in mine - is probably the number of venues booked rather than the total number of reservations. Seems to be the case for myself and others I have discussed this with previously. Our calendars are complete with the total number booked, too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Oh, Thank You. That fits with our case. 5 Restaurants = 5 Reservations. Go figure.

• 3 months later...

Hi-

Dining reservations open 90 days prior to sailing. Coastal Kitchen is now only available to guests in Grand Suites and Higher Categories. If you are having problems with reservations, the direct number for the Cruise Planning Department is 800.398.9819

Please post a review on your journey as I read them all the time :)

Happy Sailing!

Crissy

Hi-

Dining reservations open 90 days prior to sailing. Coastal Kitchen is now only available to guests in Grand Suites and Higher Categories. If you are having problems with reservations, the direct number for the Cruise Planning Department is 800.398.9819

Happy Sailing!

Crissy

Hello rccl?

We are sailing on the March 21st sailing and our dinner reservations have been open for a long time. Could anyone let us know how many days before their cruise did the shows open up. We want to make sure our dinner times don't need to be changed for shows and if they do we want to make sure we can still get good dinner times.

Thanks for your help and enjoy the Quantum

Nicole and Barry

Hi-

Happy Sailing!

Crissy

We booked Anthem for April of 2016 and I have our dining reservations done already.