cruise wedding themes

I'm thinking of having a nautical motif on our cruise wedding next year, though I also love purple! Both of our families are definitely excited being that FI and I are the first cruise wedding couple in the family (from what we know of ;) ) so we definitely need a lot of planning on our own. We haven't finalized our theme as of yet but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm thinking of having a nautical motif on our cruise wedding next year, though I also love purple! Both of our families are definitely excited being that FI and I are the first cruise wedding couple in the family (from what we know of ;) ) so we definitely need a lot of planning on our own. We haven't finalized our theme as of yet but any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I would say use sites where you can design some of the elements and use purple in place of navy in the motif or even use Silver with the purple and use silver anchors and such.

There's lots of stuff you can use with a nautical motif.....anchors, ship's wheels, light houses, starfish, sailboats, portholes, treasure chests, compasses, those round life preserver things (the word for them escapes me). The possibilities are endless!

It's your wedding, so pick whatever colors you want. If being traditional is your thing, there are several deep purple colors that are right next to navy on the color spectrum or whatever, so no one would bat an eye if you use that. Silver and gold both go great with purple, and so does sand (something else that can be used in a nautical motif :D ).

Edited by VASOXFANN

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for replying!

We've actually combined the two colors (purple and navy blue). It's a shame that it resulted to the tone of it being too heavy- what an eyesore! Sadly, we have to cross that idea out.

You're right mrstriceasnice, golds and silvers are great for purple and will definitely be deciding on which element to use.

@vasoxfann- Thanks for the tip. We might as well incorporate naval-inspired items as the colours don't really blend well IMO.

Thanks so much for replying!

We've actually combined the two colors (purple and navy blue). It's a shame that it resulted to the tone of it being too heavy- what an eyesore! Sadly, we have to cross that idea out.

You're right mrstriceasnice, golds and silvers are great for purple and will definitely be deciding on which element to use.

@vasoxfann- Thanks for the tip. We might as well incorporate naval-inspired items as the colours don't really blend well IMO.

What about a lighter, pastel purple (lilac?) to go with the navy? That would be gorgeous!