Jost Van Dyke in Nov. 2017

rallydave

We are on the Quest Miami to Valparaiso with our first stop Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. With all of the Irma damage and Jose right on Irma's heels and a Norwegian ship heading to St. Thomas to pick up US citizens really doubt we will stop there.

Anyone with ideas or information welcome. With Seabourn HQ'd in Seattle, they are all still at work.

Thanks in advance,

The best thing to do is go to the Soggy Dollar bar,great beach and great libations.It is a short ride on the local free transpiration.Have fun and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Recent pictures show the Soggy Dollar no longer exists. Tragic damage at JvD.

I just saw the pictures of the damage to the Soggy Dollar.My my it it so sad to see,however knowing the spirit that those folks have I'm convinced they will rise and rebuild.My hope is that no one was hurt.

I just saw the pictures of the damage to the Soggy Dollar.My my it it so sad to see,however knowing the spirit that those folks have I'm convinced they will rise and rebuild.My hope is that no one was hurt.

We used to set up our day camp not too far from Jewel's Snack Shack on our visits to JvD. An NYC transplant, Jewel made a good drink and was fun to talk with. Looking at our pictures of the beach and the Shack, it is hard to imagine that her little place was not destroyed. We echo your wishes that no one was hurt in any way, Seacap, and hope that they have the means to rebuild.