Jewel back in 2018

• 7 months later...
It will be interesting to see what the cost per day, including gratuities, will be, to see whether their cruises in Australia will be good value.

They do have a good product but they are currently charging too much, I think if they are here for another season or more their prices will become more competitive.

They do have a good product but they are currently charging too much, I think if they are here for another season or more their prices will become more competitive.

Probably depends where you're sailing and where you are booking from but our upcoming Alaska on the Jewel came in at a fair price with UBP as our Free At Sea promo. Other lines were a lot more expensive, and admittedly more lavish, but it's Alaska rather than the ship that interests us.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Probably depends where you're sailing and where you are booking from but our upcoming Alaska on the Jewel came in at a fair price with UBP as our Free At Sea promo. Other lines were a lot more expensive, and admittedly more lavish, but it's Alaska rather than the ship that interests us.

I agree that Alaska is the destination, rather than the ship. I chose to cruise by the Alaskan Marine Highway ferries for that reason. I see lots of excellent value cruises to Alaska. Unfortunately, there is not enough competition for good value cruising in Australia.

I was actually referring to their Aussie season sailings, their cruises in Europe (and elsewhere) are very competitive and nowhere near the price per person per night that they are here. We were on the Epic last year and it was around $110 pp per night, the offerings here are more than double that.

I was actually referring to their Aussie season sailings, their cruises in Europe (and elsewhere) are very competitive and nowhere near the price per person per night that they are here. We were on the Epic last year and it was around $110 pp per night, the offerings here are more than double that.

I don't think they are interested in locals.

With just 1 ship down here and for a relatively short season , they are not really catering to the Aussie market. They are pitching sales to the North American market and using the locals to fill spare space and give them the icing on cake.

With just 1 ship down here and for a relatively short season , they are not really catering to the Aussie market. They are pitching sales to the North American market and using the locals to fill spare space and give them the icing on cake.

Certainly seems to be the case.

Oh I think they are interested in building their brand here. All the Americans I know or have met love cruising with Aussies, so they need to get the mix right. It is a long way, for Americans to cruise with just other Americans, which they can do cheaper closer to home. However, I think they believe Aussies are still gullible and willing to pay twice the daily rate charged elsewhere. Not a good way to build brand loyalty.

BTW I loved my cruise on Superstar Leo, which I believe belongs to the same management.

Oh I think they are interested in building their brand here. All the Americans I know or have met love cruising with Aussies, so they need to get the mix right. It is a long way, for Americans to cruise with just other Americans, which they can do cheaper closer to home. However, I think they believe Aussies are still gullible and willing to pay twice the daily rate charged elsewhere. Not a good way to build brand loyalty.

BTW I loved my cruise on Superstar Leo, which I believe belongs to the same management.

Not twice the rate, but at least a 25% bump.