we are ready to go

Rhonbru

Have a great cruise! Budapest is wonderful. In 75 days I will be in Amsterdam for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hope you LOVE Amsterdam:)....I sailed from there last year and had a wonderful time.:)

Hello Rhonbru,

we are going amsterdam to budapest

so you will be on the AmaReina on the Magnificent Europe trip? Then you will dine in Namedy castle. APT are the only ones going there. They have got a short video of it online. I really like Namedy castle. I have been there couple of times for events.

The rest of the trip sounds fabulous as well. :)

Have a great time.

notamermaid

thanks everyone....I was a bit concerned as you can not get many reviews of apt we have only done sea cruises before but with all this hot weather here is oz are looking forward to the cooler climates in europe

APT is affiliated with AMA, so you can also read reviews of AMA European river cruises.

It certainly can be still cool in April, Rhonbru. Fresh snow is very unlikely, but you may see some patches in the hills close to the river. Temperatures are anything between zero at night and 25 degrees in the afternoon (if you are lucky and are in a mild area during a warm spell). Pack layers and get some good walking shoes that are suitable for walking in the rain. There can be lots of that in April. For some details about this and other things you might want to ask before your cruise, you could roam around the the river cruising roll calls and add yourself to one or start a new thread there.

notamermaid

• 7 months later...
we are off on an APT cruise soon.

I am not keen on all the organised excursions. can one do one's own thing?

eg in Cologne - how long is the ship thee? Is there time for us to diy?

yes you can .....they take you on a walking tour of the city then you have free time but I have seen people approach the guide to do their own thing ....she/he will tell you where to meet at a set time and you can leave the tour and do your own thing

You are likely to get two "be back" times - one for lunch and one for sail away. The guide will typically tell you where and when to meet to return for lunch. If you plan to stay in town, inquire about how things will work at the end of the day if the boat isn't docked within walking distance.

sorry to go on about Cologne. The itinerary says rejoin the ship in Bonn....

Does this mean a very short time in Cologne, or longer and a coach trip?

Or is it there twice? the ship tracker/ port schedulers are ambiguous

Edited by Meg50