"Liquid Alaska Tours" company

overachiever532

Most people here would recommend booking direct with the company as opposed to using a middle man in-between.

Agree. That way the company that does the tour gets to keep all your money instead of having to split it with the booking company.

DON

Too many ticket brokers have vanished over the years, leaving people with no money and no tickets. It's been many years now, but one in Anchorage left a German group I was working with in a VERY bad way. Book direct.

Edited by rvorcruise

• 1 year later...

So in this case, how does one know who the direct company is? I am also looking at Liquid Alaska Tours for the Glacier Trekking Adventure. Alaska Shore Excursions has an identical tour. Could be that neither is the direct company??

So in this case, how does one know who the direct company is? I am also looking at Liquid Alaska Tours for the Glacier Trekking Adventure. Alaska Shore Excursions has an identical tour. Could be that neither is the direct company??

I'm sailing with NCL July 10 - 17. I booked the Mendenhall ice adventure tour in Juneau. So excited for this. They have been really good with answering all my questions and told me that one or two guides will meet me in front of the ship when it docks. I read nothing but amazing reviews for this company and this tour in particular. Counting the days :)

Are you looking out of Juneau? Flying- will be Northstar Helicopters, by land - Above and Beyond. simple to book direct. If "liquid" is operating the tour- they are totally new. I'd ask them directly and get the staff's history, if you continue with them.

I'm sailing with NCL July 10 - 17. I booked the Mendenhall ice adventure tour in Juneau. So excited for this. They have been really good with answering all my questions and told me that one or two guides will meet me in front of the ship when it docks. I read nothing but amazing reviews for this company and this tour in particular. Counting the days :)

What vendor did you book with who is giving this information? You are dealing direct with the operator?

The problem with not having taken the tour yet is the most important, the unknown tour experience. Perhaps consider a review when you return?

What vendor did you book with who is giving this information? You are dealing direct with the operator?

The problem with not having taken the tour yet is the most important, the unknown tour experience. Perhaps consider a review when you return?

Yes I am dealing with the directly with the operator, liquid Alaska tours. Before booking though I read all the reviews on trip advisor for this company. All amazing reviews

Thanks, Budget Queen - very helpful. I need to nail down a Juneau tour by week's end - yikes! I always have trouble deciding on excursions for some reason. So many great options in AK for sure! I'm also looking at the salmon bake/Mendenhall Glacier tour. We've been to MG before, but it's been a long time ago - would be new to us again. Would really like to hike out to Nugget Falls while we are there.

Thanks, Budget Queen - very helpful. I need to nail down a Juneau tour by week's end - yikes! I always have trouble deciding on excursions for some reason. So many great options in AK for sure! I'm also looking at the salmon bake/Mendenhall Glacier tour. We've been to MG before, but it's been a long time ago - would be new to us again. Would really like to hike out to Nugget Falls while we are there.

Nice. Have you looked at the Mendenhall glacier ice adventure tour in Juneau ?

We have an upcoming cruise to Alaska and they are probably fine and I almost booked with them but as I read further under responsibilities and liabilities they basically state they are a brokerage company and in no way have any liabilities. Sounds like to me if you have any problems you would need to go to the the actual tour operator. Like I say they might be fine but I just decided to pretty much go direct to the tour operators.

We have an upcoming cruise to Alaska and they are probably fine and I almost booked with them but as I read further under responsibilities and liabilities they basically state they are a brokerage company and in no way have any liabilities. Sounds like to me if you have any problems you would need to go to the the actual tour operator. Like I say they might be fine but I just decided to pretty much go direct to the tour operators.

Well before booking my tour with them I checked all the reviews from people on trip advisor. Every is saying they had a once in a life time amazing time with them, I haven't read one bad review, and every is saying all the tour guides were excellent and very professional. So of course judging by all these reviews I decided to book with them. Would never book a tour with a company if I couldn't find any reviews on the internet about them or if I couldn't find any other information on the internet. It's always good to find reviews for these tours before you go ahead and book any excursion :)

It says liquid Alaska tours on my MasterCard bill when I purchaed the excursion

I apologize. You are correct. Apparently this company does operate the tour rather than act as a broker. I made an incorrect assumption because Above and Beyond Alaska runs almost the identical tour.

Well before booking my tour with them I checked all the reviews from people on trip advisor. Every is saying they had a once in a life time amazing time with them, I haven't read one bad review, and every is saying all the tour guides were excellent and very professional. So of course judging by all these reviews I decided to book with them. Would never book a tour with a company if I couldn't find any reviews on the internet about them or if I couldn't find any other information on the internet. It's always good to find reviews for these tours before you go ahead and book any excursion :)

You keep promoting this and you haven't been there. Their website is VERY skimpy, why isn't there anything said about who the guides are? They run a Brewery tour and tasting? Those of us, who are long time Juneau visitors, multiple times, every year, don't have information on them. Your claim that "Tripadvisor" is a good source needs to look further at the troll posts that happen. ALL the reviews were from last year, so they are not long term like you claim. There are also a large percentage of low post wonders, which is also a big red flag.

You tell me to do "research", you're research looks to me, that it may be lacking and I'm not going on this tour to bother. I'm going with Above and Beyond, whom I've gone with before.

Hope it all works out for you, and your review information will offer a lot more.

You keep promoting this and you haven't been there. Their website is VERY skimpy, why isn't there anything said about who the guides are? They run a Brewery tour and tasting? Those of us, who are long time Juneau visitors, multiple times, every year, don't have information on them. Your claim that "Tripadvisor" is a good source needs to look further at the troll posts that happen. ALL the reviews were from last year, so they are not long term like you claim. There are also a large percentage of low post wonders, which is also a big red flag.

You tell me to do "research", you're research looks to me, that it may be lacking and I'm not going on this tour to bother. I'm going with Above and Beyond, whom I've gone with before.

Hope it all works out for you, and your review information will offer a lot more.

Sorry I don't mean to sound like I'm promoting it. I'm just going by the reviews on trip advisor. There are pages and pages of positive reviews. I go by the fact that nobody on the reviews have said anything like "they have missed the ship, or they weren't returned on time to the port" to me this is all that matters to me. And yes of course after I've done this tour I will definitely write a review of my own experience.

Sorry that was wrong of me to write "do your research" what I meant to say was to just take a quick look at the trip advisor reviews.

And actually above and beyond was initially my first choice. I had my eye on the Mendenhall glacier trek, which also takes people into the glacier caves. But I'm not in the Juneau port long enough to do this tour :(. Oh well, there's always next time. I'm only there from 7am to 1:15pm