Half Moon Cay Beach Villa Experience Questions

Cruisergal1208

Most of the information on the villas is outdated so I'm asking if anyone that has recently booked one of the Villas would share the experience.

Will there be enough floating mats, snorkeling gear, water, soft drinks for everyone, even for 10 or more using the villa? So far, we have 10 in our group. Do you fill out a request form for your preferences like for the regular cabanas? Any extra tips and information will be greatly appreciated.

Have you looked over on the Private Islands board? There are many threads, pics, videos, etc, over there. Tons of info.

I think the villas are rated for 8 people, so the supplies, food and so on will be for 8, and there should be an extra charge for number of people greater than 8. The Oasis is rated for 12.

Have you looked over on the Private Islands board? There are many threads, pics, videos, etc, over there. Tons of info.

I think the villas are rated for 8 people, so the supplies, food and so on will be for 8, and there should be an extra charge for number of people greater than 8. The Oasis is rated for 12.

Yes, I did check the PI boards but it seems most talk about how to let others come use the villa without paying for the extra surcharge. I didn't find the answers about having more setups than 8 if we pay the surcharge for extra people to use the villa.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
CruiserBruce, will there be plates, utensils, and cups provided in the villa?

Thanks

Yes. If you are getting the Butler upgrade, those things are assured. However, if not, they may be limited. In any event, if not there, just ask for what you need.

Yes. If you are getting the Butler upgrade, those things are assured. However, if not, they may be limited. In any event, if not there, just ask for what you need.

Thanks. May just stick a few paper plates in luggage. Want to make sure we have enough for 10 folks. Not getting the butler package.

Thanks. May just stick a few paper plates in luggage. Want to make sure we have enough for 10 folks. Not getting the butler package.

Paper plates will come with the snacks. If you get food from the buffet, you will get plates and silverware there.

Here is hoping you have good weather. We sailed January 2016 and the weather was cold and rainy the day we were to be on HMC. They didn't cancel the stop...if they did they would have to refund...and people who had the Villas were ticked. Not sure if they went or got their money back, but it seems HAL will not cancel the stop as long as the tenders can make it in, which they could on the day we were there. It was just cold and pouring rain all day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to check back in and let you know how it all worked out.

We were the only villa in use that day and we received great service. Plenty of extra food and drinks. Couldn't finish it all before we had to leave☹️ Will be glad to answer any questions. Thanks to all who offered tips and answered my questions.

• 4 months later...

We were the only villa in use that day and we received great service. Plenty of extra food and drinks. Couldn't finish it all before we had to leave☹️ Will be glad to answer any questions. Thanks to all who offered tips and answered my questions.

We are planning on being there in a few weeks....depending on what happens with Hurricane Irma and HMC. We have reserved a Beach Villa and we have a rather large group. Most just want to hang out and I don't think they are interested in the food/sodas being provided. Did you pay for the add on guests? Or did you just go with what was provided? I am so torn as I really don't know what to do....with the extra people. Has anyone seen any pictures anywhere with what is actually provided.

• 2 weeks later...
We are planning on being there in a few weeks....depending on what happens with Hurricane Irma and HMC. We have reserved a Beach Villa and we have a rather large group. Most just want to hang out and I don't think they are interested in the food/sodas being provided. Did you pay for the add on guests? Or did you just go with what was provided? I am so torn as I really don't know what to do....with the extra people. Has anyone seen any pictures anywhere with what is actually provided.

Sorry off the delay in answering. We were on a cruise delayed due to the hurricane.

I booked the villa for the max allowed and got several couples to share the cost. We paid extra for the extra people. We invited friends from our group to stop by to visit. We had so much food we couldn't eat it all. So I guess you could book it for the minimum and let others stop by to visit like we did. Hope this is the answer you were looking for. Let me know if you have more questions. Enjoy.

We have had a villa twice. The last time we were there was in April. The maximum is 10, and if you get the Butler upgrade, all things will be provided. Everyone in the group checked in as a group, and each filled out the waiver. Our Butler was outstanding. We had plenty of food and drinks, and in April there were 10 guests. You will fill out a form telling them the sizes of fins, and drinks and food everyone prefers if you get the Butler. I have not had the villa or the cabana without a Butler, so I'm not much help there. Any other questions I will be glad to answer.

• 5 months later...

How many mats and snorkels we're I. The villa?

How many mats and snorkels we're in the villa?

We asked our friends in advance who wanted snorkels and got the shoe size. Then on board filled out the form for what kind of soft drinks we all wanted and how many flippers. I think there were 4 mats but we asked for more. The cabana boys and the person from the Pinnacle Grill that oversaw the villas were always coming by checking if we needed anything. Well worth booking.