Bottomless Champagne Brunch Tour.

Hi! Welcome to the Ovation Of The Seas Bottomless Champagne Brunch Tour. It's bookable on the Cruise Planner and it cost USD35 This tour gives you a taste of the 2 kitchens (Silk and American Icon Grill) and how things operate inside. I apologise if the photos are not that good of a quality. Will Upload one post a day.

Highlights:

Canapes with free flow Champagne the moment you start.

1/2 Hour Guided Tour of Silk and American Icon with a 1 1/2 hour special Lunch Menu

There were definitely a lot of people who had booked this tour and a group consists of roughly 20 to 30 people?

We started off In Silk where we handed our "Invitation Cards"

IMG_4164_zpsefr8boin.jpg

Canapes and Champagne were served on the table as soon as we entered.

IMG_4169_zps9y79whbq.jpg

Some of the Canapes that were served ( Tip: Don't eat too much of these as there is a heavy brunch later on)

IMG_4284_zpsuct3ejrf.jpg

We then had to wait for the group to fill up before we can start the tour. Therefore, if you come early you can sit down and enjoy your drink and have some light bites. The Officer is one of the Dining Room Manager. He will be giving the tour.

IMG_4170_zpsjw8speg0.jpg

We did this event on Allure last month. You were given more goodies at the beginning than we were. We had just a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries and there were not enough for everyone.

The kitchen tour was good. The brunch was plated and off a menu (vs. a buffet which is what I thought it was going to be).

Was nice to do once but I would not pay $30 to do it again.

Once the entire group was settled down and comfy in their bright red chairs, he started the tour by sharing about his job, and the general idea of what we were going to see on the tour. He also mentioned that each chef will be giving us a talk on the respective areas in the kitchen where the food is prepared. ( Silk and American Icon is mainly use for My Time Dinning)

Here is the Officer introducing himself and giving us a brief idea. He's pointing to the back where the kitchens are.

IMG_4171_zps3pmzpfgu.jpg

Once he was done talking, he guided the group to head towards the entrance of the kitchen.

The left hand side behind the partition is the walkway into the kitchen. Before we went in, he reminded us about the dangers in the kitchen such as slippery floors and hot stuff and we were welcome to take as many videos and pictures as we like. I found this to be interesting as usually guest were not allowed to take videos in the crew areas.

IMG_4181_zpsftftmlfn.jpg

Since we are in Silk, the crew of the Ovation naturally calls these place the Silk Shop. Here are some interesting stuff guest don't get to see often.

Notice Boards with grooming standards, sales reports, correct placement of cutleries, pictures of food and the proper way of welcoming guest.

IMG_4183_zpsunjkbhnn.jpg

Many have been wondering if they do ever listen to what you write in the survey form when they asked you to fill up at the end of the cruise. Well here's your answer. They have positive comments and negative comments printed out and plastered to the wall. Others include; Sales target, Sales incentive for crews which I guess is one the main reason for the Hard selling of specialty dishes and restaurants. Job openings...etc

IMG_4182_zpscvjjn68n.jpg

PS for those wondering if they ever put a list of guest who removed or did not pay the gratuities, I had seen no notice of this kind on this tour

Well Enjoy the stuff that is on the boards and I will see you tomorrow for the actual tour of the kitchen!

I heard they are rolling out another new activity soon.

"Room Steward" for the a day.

For $40 you can assist an actual RC employee.

Highlights include: cleaning staterooms, scowering bathrooms & showers, vacuuming, and make beds....

Can you wear shorts on the bottomless tour?:confused:

Well it depends. On our tour, many were wearing shorts and even some were in slippers. :eek: I thought that wasn't allowed, but no one said anything. You can try, but I can't guarantee you they will allow you.

Now we will enter the kitchen

The metal steel doors signify the start of the Silk Kitchen tour. As you can see, people are wearing shorts and slipperrs

IMG_4185_zpstkdrkvme.jpg

We were introduced to one of the Chef (Vincete from Jamaica)who explained why the chefs have different scarfs and what they do normally. The Main pantry is located on Deck 3 and the salads are all prepared there.

IMG_4188_zpsisb2lagv.jpg

On the right where the food labels are is the Hot Station. That is where they prepare most of the food for the Dining Room and the Windjammer.

IMG_4187_zpscrgfggds.jpg

Below is a video of Chef Vincente introducing and talking about the kitchen.

Thank you for posting this. We are thinking of doing it on the Navigator and while I am sure it will be a bit different. it is nice to have a current review.

Anyone have a review from the Navigator or similar ship for this brunch option?

The Desert Section! Currently the Chefs are making the farewell Cake.

IMG_4224_zpsyhlk7fmi.jpg

This time, the farewell cake is in the shape of the Singapore Flag, which the Ovation of The Seas is currently homeporting! The Chinese words can be translated into "Thank You for sailing with the Ovation Of The Seas" Last 5 Chinese characters on the cake is Ovation Of The Seas in Chinese.

IMG_4225_zpsv8nnn30x.jpg

Lots of Chocolate

IMG_4232_zpsw0gmyzjx.jpg

Mixers

IMG_4233_zpspyaj47tf.jpg

Classic Royal Chocolate Cake with the Salad Nicoise at the back for the Special lunch later on!

IMG_4249_zpsmg3rept7.jpg

Next is the Special Lunch Menu!

Thumbs up from the one of the Waiter with baskets of bread line up in rows beside him

IMG_4245_zps2hunz6bj.jpg

The Table setting for the Special Lunch! Did you know? Asian Cruises have Soya Sauce, Vinegar, Soya Bean Paste

IMG_4258_zpsda8d0xxg.jpg

The Specially Designed Menu Cover

IMG_4269_zps7shi0ct1.jpg

The Menu items. This is what the USD 35 is for! And the good thing is, you can order unlimited lobsters!

IMG_4271_zpssoqq3vex.jpg

Tip: Maybe before you book this activity, enquire first on what will be served during the special lunch after the tour. If you like the menu then great! If not then is just the tour that you are paying for.

Lovely pictures! It looks like an interesting activity. Was it real champagne or sparkling wine?
Was it GOOD champagne as in quality?

Thanks! Glad you like it! Well for the champagne question, they used Hardy's The Riddle Sparkling Wine from Australia. So it's not really champagne. I guess for 30USD they can't give you real champagne. For whether it's good quality or not; it seems okay but then again it's sparkling wine and not champagne.

Manage to get a picture of the Sparkling Wine or so-called Champagne they used. Not sure if the Captain's Reception uses the same.

IMG_4279_zpsqpxgf24l.jpg

@hdowney: Yup! For USD 30/35, the lunch menu is already worth the money. Was hoping for Baked Alaska though. They said the desert was a Classic RCL Desert.

@widallas: Thanks! Glad you like it!

• 5 months later...
I cannot see the photos, only this:IMG_4279_zpsqpxgf24l.jpg

Any ideas on how to correct? I am using Edge.

Nothing you can do, that's a Photobucket change of policy and they won't show photos anymore without the poster paying them some money.